Dandelions

The touch of the wind to my skin. This is life. I will sacrifice everything to make this life of mine to stay. As long as I'm with him. I'm home.

"Hold on tight, my love." My man, who's riding a bike with me.

His voice calms me down. He's my everything. "Yes love, are we close? I'm so excited!"

"Look to the right." He glanced at me and smiled.

We stopped at the corner of the field to park the bike. I immediately grabbed my basket with picnic set and ran to the middle of the fields.

This is heaven. The smell of dandelions. The wind. The ambience.

"Hey! Be careful! " He shouted while chuckling.

We finished setting up the picnic ground with some of our favorite foods. I guess it's time to eat!

"Do you want to eat, love?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry but you can eat first. I don't mind." He gets his camera and starts taking pictures of the place.

"Okay!" I grabbed the chocolate cake and eat it. More like munch because it's so delicious and I can't control myself.

I glanced at him and saw he's recording me eating. "Hey! Why are you recording me? Give me that!"He stands up and ran. I tried to catch his camera but he's too tall and I keep jumping but I really can't reach it. Argh!

He's laughing because he likes teasing my height!

He slowly lowers her face to mine so that I will stop jumping. "Don't be shy. You're the most beautiful, love."

He kisses my forehead and grabs my waist.

Butterflies really came fast, huh?

The next thing I new is, we're in the middle of the dandelion field and as the sun slowly goes down, we started dancing while holding each other's heart.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He asked.

"Because I don't know too.."

"What do you mean? Don't you love me?" I faced him and asked in panic.

"I don't know how much I love you...feels like eternity."  he smirked then kissed my cheek.

I blushed and faked my angry face. He leans his head on my shoulders and hugged me.

"I love you too." I said and hugged him back.

I was enjoying the moment when I felt chills on my back and shoulders. I was alone. I am alone.

Where is him? Where did he go? "Love?"

My knees trembled and felt weak as I grasped the reality. I'm alone. In the field of dandelions where I should be with him. Tears fall down with my broken heart as I realize it's only my imagination. He's my imagination.

I was diagnosed with maladaptive daydreaming, where I imagine scenarios that will never happen in real life.

------
inspired by. dandelions//ruth b.