I was a bit scared to turn the page and read what awaited me on the other side, since this was just after we had finished up with our confurnation; while he was alone and was groaning in frustration.

No matter, my hand flipped the page and I saw tens of missing pages that had been torn out. The leftover page tears were jagged, uneven, and somewhat large. It was as if they had been torn out in the blink of an eye and no one checked if their tear was even or not.

The words on the next page were scribbled over in black ink, but I could make out what was under all of the lines.

'They were right, I should have listened.'

Who's they? Why should you have listened? What were they right about?

I needed more of an explanation that those few words gave me. My eyes looked down at the wastebasket, which was now nearly filled with crumpled up pieces of paper. That paper presumably was the paper that was torn out.

I hopped off of the bed and grabbed the first one on the pile. I uncrumpled it and started to read.

'Who does he think he is? "I think that your mind is tricking you into feeling the way you do" my ass. Does he even know how feelings work? My brain doesn't control them, my hormones do.'

Compared to the rest of the stuff I read, this was by far the most crude one yet and it left me feeling a bit stunned.

The others that were torn out weren't much better than this one was. They were all so chastising of, both me, and of himself. He kept saying how he should have done things differently or how he could have waited longer.

At the end of it all, I felt like the worst person on the face of the Earth.

I stood back up and glanced at the book that laid face down on the bed and grabbed it without a second thought.

I ran back to my suitcase near the door and quickly stuffed the brown booklet inside of the main compartment.

Was it wrong?

Definitely.

Did I care?

Yes, but a strange sensation in my head convinced me that it was too much of a threat to leave alone in a trash can that was in the EU building with hundreds of employees.

Cabi's P.O.V (Present time)

"Fine fine, but this goes against what you told me the government would look like after I won." I compromised, with a scoff added to my voice.

"We know, but you have to understand that you have to thank us for creating you in some way, and we think that this is pretty fair." The old hag on the other end of the line explained.

I could feel the edges of my lips turn face down and form a scowl at his words. I hated when he used that against me, he used my own reason for existence to get something from me.

"So you get the economic system, and I get control of everything else. Well, the states and I?" I asked with a tinge of malice.

"That's the plan, unless our plans change. Thank you for making our wish a reality, you know what we would have to do if you go back on this."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure thing. Bye."

I hung up right then and there.

He and the others were such a pain in the side. They always wanted something in return for 'giving' me life. I just thought they were greedy old men who wanted power.

I didn't like my heritage, in fact, I hated where I came from.

But, that didn't matter now. I had a family now, so nothing about them mattered, only my life.

"Hey, mom, are you done yet? Alabama, Arkansas, and I made some kebabs on the grill."

"Yeah, just give me a second, Iowa." I yelled, as I started to put away some of my notebooks and papers.

I joined the others downstairs after I cleaned up the office room and grabbed a few of the sticks. I took a seat on one of the porch chairs and started eating.

Mexico sat down next to me with her own plate, while the states formed their own groups and talked amongst themselves.

This was my family.

Word count 2071

I'm just going to jump into the questions, since my creativity is failing me right now.

So, please, answer Russia's questions.

Who's they?

Why should America have listened?

What were they right about?

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura-Chan