Chapter twenty six

This chapter briefly talks about abuse and rape, but does not go into detail. This chapter doesn't need much of a trigger warning, but I'd rather be safe because I don't want anyone to get triggered by any content in this chapter.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Louis' POV

Louis kept walking until he made it to Harry's house. By this point Louis was freezing he walked all the way to Harry's house at night, without a jacket. He walked up to the door knocked loudly over and over. He waited with tears streaming down his face, for someone to open the door. Harry opened the door. Louis stood on the front porch a sobbing mess in front of Harry. Harry quickly scanned him over and ushered him inside of the home. Louis shuffled into the foyer and Harry shut the door. Louis stood with his arms wrapped around himself trembling from the cold but also from shock.

"Haz" Louis whimpered.

"Louis what are you doing here? Are you okay" Harry asked.

"N-no" Louis stuttered with tears in his eyes.

Louis was terrified that he admitted that he in fact was not okay. He had lied for so long that he never thought that he would ever tell someone how he was actually feeling.

Harry came towards him and enveloped him in a warm hug. They hugged each other in silence for a couple of minutes. Louis felt his walls crumbling down making him sob even harder. He was tired of living like this, he needed help. He needed Harry to save him. Louis buried his face further into Harry's chest. Harry made him feel safe and warm.

Harry picked him up and brought him to the living room and set him down on the cozy couch. Louis felt safe in Harry's big arms. Louis hadn't felt this safe in years. Even before his mum died, he didn't feel as safe as he did in this moment. He never wanted Harry to let go of him.

Harry's POV

Harry held Louis in his arms. Louis felt so small in his arms. He was honestly frightened when he saw the state that Louis was in when he showed up at his doorstep. He felt the need to protect Louis. Louis seemed so fragile, and he really wanted to know what happened to cause him to come here.

"Louis, love, what's wrong" he asked.

"I-I just can't do it anymore" Louis cried.

"What can't you do anymore baby, tell me" He said softly trying to comfort Louis.

"Pretend" Louis said quietly. 

"Louis can you please elaborate, I just want to help you" he said.

"Why do people hate me Haz" Louis asked sadly.

"Who hates you Lou" He asked. He silently cursed himself, remembered that louis didn't want to be called Lou anymore. Louis however didn't mind and cuddled closer when he heard the nickname.

"Everyone" Louis said in a voice just above a whisper.

Harry cupped Louis chin and turned his face up so that their eyes met. Harry could feel the pain in Louis eyes. He couldn't fathom anyone ever hating his sweet and lovely Lou.

"Not everyone hates you Lou" He said softly.

"Yes, they do" Louis rebutted sadly.

"No, not everyone Boo, I like you" he said lovingly.

Louis looked him in the eye with hope and what Harry thought was love. Harry hoped that I was love because he loved Louis.

"You do" Louis said softly.