Chapter eighteen

Louis' POV

Louis woke up in the morning in Harry's arms. Louis woke up first and didn't want to wake Harry, so he laid there admiring Harry. Harry looked gorgeous snoring quietly next to him. He wanted to be able to admit his feelings for Harry, but he couldn't. He hardly could admit his feelings to himself. Every time he thought of his feelings for Harry he started to panic. He had been told countless times how wrong it was and was terrified of what might happen once people knew. He just wanted to be happy and didn't know if he could ever say he is if he's hiding a part of himself. He wanted to let down his walls for Harry and Harry only, but he knew that once he lets it down for one person his entire façade would crumble. He didn't know if he could handle life without his protective wall.

Harry's eyes fluttered open and their eyes met creating a spark within each other. They stared at each other like no one else existed in the world. They had this feeling between them that Louis couldn't quite name. He had never felt this intense feeling before. It was a feeling that made his stomach flutter and his head spin. He desperately hoped that Harry felt it as well.

"Hey Lou, good morning" Harry said with a deep morning voice.

The sound of his voice made Louis breath hitch. 

"Hi Hazza, good morning" Louis said snuggling closer.

"I don't want to go to school" Harry grumbled.

It hit Louis they had to go to school. He had to pretend to be fine around all those people. At least he would have Harry though. Harry would be there for him, right? Louis needed one person to just be there for him. He wanted him to be there for him but also was scared to death of what it meant. He didn't know what to feel. His heart and mind were telling him two different things. His heart said to go for Harry, but his mind told him that it would end in a catastrophe. Louis was also scared for what he would have to face after school.

"Me neither" Louis replied quietly.

"We need to get up or we're going to be late Lou" Harry said.

Louis sighed and rolled out of Harry's arms. When he moved to get off the bed he winced in pain. He was still in pain from the beating he got three days ago. He still had that awful word carved into his skin hurting him every time he moved as well. Harry saw him wince and concern washed over his face.

"Louis are you ok, are you hurt" Harry asked.

"I'm-I'm fine okay, I'll be okay" Louis said dismissing the question. He just wanted the pain and the memory of what happened to go away. He didn't want Harry to pry trying to figure out what happened. Louis thought he was weak and useless and did not want Harry to ever know.

"Lou" Harry pleaded.

"No please Haz don't. I-I just can't tell you. Please don't make me tell you" Louis pleaded. He never wanted Harry to know, or anyone at all in fact. He didn't want Harry to know how weak he was.

"Okay fine" Harry sighed.

Louis smiled lightly and hugged Harry.

"Um we should probably go downstairs and eat. My mum loves making breakfast for people when they stay over" Harry said. "Not that I have a lot of people uh sleep over. Like I don't just have guy's come stay in my bed all the time ya'know" Harry said nervously.

"Right got it" Louis said giving Harry a weird look.

They walked down the stairs hand in hand. The smell of pancakes and bacon hit them. Louis loved pancakes, especially chocolate chip one's. He was pretty bad at cooking, so whenever his mum had to come home late, he ended up making pancakes for his sisters.