Chapter twenty four

⚠️ Trigger warning- this chapter contains mentions of abuse, self harm, and suicidal thoughts.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Louis' POV

Louis woke up the next day absolutely dreading going to school. Louis wished that the ground would swallow him whole, and he wouldn't have to go. He knew that Harry and his friends would bombard him with questions and "help". He didn't need people meddling into his life. He was fine. Absolutely and positively fine. There was no way in hell that anyone was going to be able to pry into his life and dig up all the horrors that no one knew about.

Harry, Niall, and Zayn acted like what happened on Friday night was a big deal. However, to Louis it was just another day and another lesson. He had been taught this lesson many times by his father and his father's friends. It was nothing new to him. It was just a different person than normal there was no reason to make a fuss over it. He just really needed the boys to butt out of his business.

Louis finally dragged himself out of bed, wincing in pain while doing so. He hobbled to the shower and got in. He was already running late so he had to take a really quick shower. He felt like his wrists were burning and he knew what he needed to do, but he didn't have time before school. He went and got dressed quickly. He decided to wear a black hoodie that was oversized even though it was meant to fit him, black skinny jeans, and his signature vans. He fixed his hair into a quiff, to try to make himself look a little less disheveled. He packed his bag and left. He decided to forgo breakfast and get to school. He was already going to have to deal with a lot today, and Troy would just make it worse.

Louis walked to school slowly trying to avoid as much pain as possible. He felt like he needed to cry from the sheer amount of pain, but he also felt numb. He felt like nothing mattered anymore. There was no point in crying over a situation that was never going to be resolved. He finally got to school and saw his friend group hanging by Harry's car. He took a deep breath and headed straight to the group. He mentally prepared himself for how the boys would act around him. He just wanted to be treated the same not like a fragile broke doll.

He stood quietly in front of the group; the boys looked at him with concerned expressions. He could see that they were all extremely worried about him.

"Hey Lou" Niall said.

"Louis" Louis corrected Niall.

"How are you doing today Louis" Liam asked. He obviously had been filled in on what happened on Friday night.

"I'm fine" he replied.

"Yeah, sure fine" Harry said with a sigh.

"Yeah, Harry I'm fucking fine stop worrying about me" Louis said annoyed.

"Louis you went through a lot it is okay to not be fine" Zayn said soft and caringly.

"But I am, it's no big deal. You all need to stop overreacting I'm completely okay" Louis said. Harry tried to hug him, but Louis backed away. He could see that the boys were even more worried now. Even though he said things like this repeatedly he didn't actually believe it himself. However, he needed to keep up his crumbling façade for as long as possible.

"Louis please- "Harry started before being cut off.

"No stop Harry, stop everyone, I'm okay. Truly I am okay" Louis said. He turned and walked into the school building leaving his friends behind.

Harry's POV

"So, no one believes him right" he said.

"Of course, not" Liam said.