~ twenty nine ~

I got exactly two hours of sleep. Great right? Well it turns out that getting in a fight with a boy whom I've grown to like doesn't help.
Last night I decided to ghost Connor. From here on out, no texting. No snaps. In fact I blocked him on all socials.

All because I care about Louis, much more than him.

But all that isn't whats bothering me.

It's the silence inside this trailer. As Amara ties my hair back and does makeup, while Willow works on Louis. The two of them know that something is up. They know it.
But I still don't wanna tell them.

"So... what's going on with you two?" Willow awkwardly chuckles as she takes a comb to Louis' fluffy hair and begins to part it.

I noticed Louis' eyes this morning. The underneath was shaded in a light rose, and he looked exhausted. Perhaps I'm not the only one who didn't sleep much after the incident.

"Nothing," I shrug and look up while Amara applies some concealer on my under eyes.
The silence grows, the tension grows, everything gets worse.
"How gullible do you think we are y/n?" Amara laughs, and sets down her makeup tools, "It's not like we're gonna believe that."

I bite onto my tongue and take a slow, deep breath.
"Amara I've told you almost every detail of my life in this chair. Why would I leave something out?"

I notice an odd looked exchanged from Willow to Amara. Almost as if they gave each other a smirk and a wink.

It's nothing y/n don't overthink it.

"You sure it's nothing Louis?" Willow chuckles, now questioning the boy.
I squeeze my hands into tight fists in my lap and look at Louis through the corner of my eye.

He clenches his jaw and shakes his head as Willow finishes him up and hands him his costume.
"Like she said. Nothing is going on."

Then he walks past all of us, and I feel the wind he creates brush on my face. The door gently closes and the two girls immediately scurry closer to me.

"You can be honest with us," Amara whispers, "did something happen?"
The both of them were slightly hovered over me.
"For the last time, nothing happened."

I grunt, standing up from my chair and grabbing off that same rose costume from yesterday from the costume rack.
When I turn around the two of them are still staring at me.

"You guys. I mean it. We're fine."

And then I walk past them and go to the changing room. Now am I gonna make the same mistake I did last time? No. I'm not walking in on a shirtless Louis.
Especially not after our fight.

After just a minute or two of standing by the door, it opened. Louis looks to me for a split second, as our eyes lock and I bite hard down on the inside of my lip. My entire body tenses.

He quickly looks away, staring back down at the floor before walking away.

I walk inside and immediately close the door behind me, finally relaxing as I have my own privacy.

This is gonna be one long ass day.

~

"Is this how your living?" Louis asks me as he looks around on set while the scene begins.
"Did you just rent a room at the Ritz?" I ask with a real annoyed tone.

It would normally be fake, but now that I have to actually act with him, it's real.

"I afforded myself a shade more comfort than this," he chuckles quietly as I open a window.