~ sixteen ~

Disclaimer: Strong language. Do not read if you get offended easily.

It's been ten minutes. Everyone shrugged off the incident that happened, and went back to chatting. But I was left, caught in a daze, my mind racing with thoughts.

What has Connor done to other girls? Why did Louis get so angry when I brought up jealousy? S-Should I call it off with Connor?

I don't know. But someone does. And that's Louis.

And as much as I don't want to even breathe the same air as the boy right now, I need answers.
I won't be able to focus if I don't get them.
I won't be able to focus if I'm worrying about what Connor's done.
So I am gonna go find out what happened.

Only problem with that, is the fact that I have literally no clue where he went. So this should be fun.
"Hey Amara? I'm gonna go look for Louis real quick... just to see where's he's at."

The woman turns to me and gives a slight nod, drinking more red wine.
I'm sure she'll be drunk by the end of this party.

I set down my water on a table, and turn toward the tall white door that Louis left from.
By now it was dark out, stars painting the sky and the full moon glowing brightly down on ground.

Louis wasn't out front.

Maybe back. Maybe he wanted to go somewhere more quiet. Maybe he left. Maybe he's in his trailer. There's just too many possibilities.

"Hello?" I call out, running a hand through my curls and looking to the left and right of the building.
"Louis are you out here?" I call once more, walking around the side of the building.

I called out his name a few more times, standing close to the building and looking around.

I turn another corner, when my sight freezes on a boy. Sitting on the grass, back leaned against the building. The chatter and music from inside was muffled, creating a peaceful kind of feeling.

"Hey..." I say, slowly walking up to the quiet boy. He doesn't look up at me. Rather just takes a deep breath and I sit down beside him.
"I uh... I'm sorry about that. It was stupid."

Even more silence. His face had an expression of some sort of worry or sadness. Maybe even frustration. But I can't blame him. I feel bad for ruining his night.

"I didn't mean to ask if you were jealous it's just that Amara and Willow were joking ar-"

"Amara and Willow?" He finally says in that chilling British accent, but still looking ahead of him.

"N-Never mind... point is, I know you're not jealous and I'm really sorry."

He lets out a quiet sigh and nods a little bit. And then we just sat there. The only noise was the ones coming from inside and our breathing.

But I still had one question.

"Louis?"

The boy slightly lifts his head and turns it to face me. Okay... progress I guess. I take one big breath and bite the flesh on the insides of my cheeks.

"What has Connor done to other girls?"

The boy looks back down and closes his eyes, as another short pause of silence sits between us.

"I can't- tell you..." he mumbles.

"How come? I'm his girlfriend I deserve to know," I say, watching as Louis clenches his jaw at the word 'girlfriend.'

"Look, he's just done some things and I'm afraid it'll happen to you too. That's all you need to know."

The more he talks the more I want to know the real answer. And now he sounds like he cares for me. Like whatever Connor has done, he doesn't want it to happen to me.