~ twenty three ~

"Cut! Alrighty you two," Harry sighs with the clipboard in hand as he walks over to Louis and I.
"I know you are young, and I know neither of you are A list celebrities, or have much acting experience, but I need to start seeing chemistry between your characters."

Me and Louis were both in costume and sitting on the small trailer behind an automobile, filled with hay and sheep.

Yes, sheep.

After Harry heard about my ankle, he gave the day off to try and let me heal it. But now we're back exactly where we started. On set.

I feel my cheeks slightly turn pink when Harry talks about the chemistry between me and Louis.

"So, we're gonna try this scene again from the top, and when you're leaving Enola, Louis I want you to look at her as if you wish you just run off and stay with her. Okay? Tewksbury doesn't want to leave Enola and I need you to portray that."
Louis glances at me for a second and then quickly looks down.
"Got it," he nods.

"As far as you Ms Downey," Harry turns to me, "Enola is worried about Tewksbury. She feels like he needs her. I need you to show that worry right now okay? You both don't want the other to go. Understood?"!Harry asks me, slipping a pen out from under his ear and writes some things down on some lined paper.

"I want you guys to get together tonight and practice some things that could help the romance come alive on stage. You can practice eye contact, emotions, I'd even suggest beginning to practice that kiss at the end."

Fuck.

"Alright let's start again, from the top!" He calls out to the rest of the crew. Louis and I were both quiet. Neither of us have said anything to one another since his birthday. And now we're supposed to practice kissing? Me and him aren't even on talking terms right now. And I know that if I try to fix it, something will happen between us and I'll be starting at base one again.

Meaning I have to pretend everything is alright, for we made that agreement to acting as if everything is fine in front of the crew.

When we're on set, let's make an agreement to act as if we don't have any history.

Somehow I still remember the exact words he texted me that day.

"We're rolling in three, two, one, action!"

The automobile started moving, scene beginning.

"Well you would say that," I chuckle a bit as I recite my first line. Louis looks down and laughs under his breath, his arm hung over the wooden plank across us. I look over at the boy and his smile.

He doesn't need the wig anymore, and boy was he happy about that. I overheard him talking to Willow about how insanely itchy it made his hair.

Once the ride made it down to "London" and the rest of the scene was about to take place, I hop off the automobile and brush off the hay stuck on my costume.
"Oh, so this is where we part," Louis says, looking over to me.

"It is," I subtly sigh and look back into his chocolate eyes. The boy nods and looks down, taking Harry's advice and making sure he looks somewhat as if he doesn't want to leave me.

"Well then thank you, Enola Holmes, for helping me here," he shows a tiny smile.

I smile back.