~ five ~

"Have they gotten back to you yet?" Jess asks as she scarfs down a sandwich. It's been around a week since the audition, and I haven't gotten a call yet.
According to Dad, the audition process can take a few days, to several months before the first shooting day.
And although I know I could get a role in a few months, I just want to know.

"Nope. Nothing yet," I sigh and pop a grape in my mouth, "but it can take a while for them to call back so I'm not too worried yet."
She nods a few times and yanks the band off her wrist to tie her long hair back in a low pony.
"It's alright, they're just still comprehending how good you did."

"Wow Jess," I chuckle and roll my eyes, "so smooth."

Her and I are the only ones at our lunch table, which is in the back corner. Just because it's further at from Louis and the girls who drool over the bitch.

What do they see in him? Like what makes him so special from everyone else in the school?

We also sit back here because me and her share one thing in common: we hate almost all people.

And no one wants to sit in the back corner because it's where the 'emos' sit. But other than that it's basically just cause it's far from Louis.
"Do you think Louis got the role?" She murmurs, glaring over at him with her little devious eyes.

"God I sure hope not," I groan, joining her in looking at the boy. He was smiling and laughing a bit, talking with his friends. He ran a hand through his soft hair and shook it around a bit.
"Y/n?"
And his outfit was rather cute today. A simple hoodie with a flannel over it, and some black jean-
"Y/n!"

I quickly flashed my head to Jessica, who was waving her hand in front of my face.
"Why the hell are you staring at him like that?"

"Like what?"
"Like you just did!"
"What's that?"

She rolls her eyes and looks back down at her food, devouring the other piece of her sandwich.
"You looked at him weird. As if he was like... your crush or some-"

"What?" I yell loudly, cutting her off with my widened eyes, "You think I like him?"
She shakes her head and looks around in embarrassment.
"No! No I didn't mean it that way! Jus-"

"That's disgusting," I scoff and pat my lips down with the napkin on my plate.
"Jeez I'm sorry I didn't think you'd get that angry..."

Does she really think I like Louis? How would that even be possible? The boy's a dick! No better word to describe him!

"I don't like Louis. He's a bitch and you know it," I huff, now annoyed as I finish the last grape on my plate.
"I'm gonna go dump my tray. Be right back," I sigh and then stand up, carrying the small plastic tool and heading to the garbage.

Just because you looked at someone for a few second, doesn't mean you like them.
I'd know, because I don't like Louis.

~

"Today's lesson is going to be on constructing arithmetic sequences. You've learned this in ninth grade already but we're gonna be taking it a step further alright?" Mrs. Lockhart announces to the class as she pushes her glasses up from the tip of her nose.

I hate math. But this is my favorite class. Why? Because Louis isn't in it. So in other words, it's paradise.

I yank out my textbook as the teacher tells everyone to turn to page seventy. My schedule is pretty good, except for the ending. But I'm not too disappointed in it.

-Homeroom
-Biology first
-Geography second
-Allied arts third
-Lunch
-Mathematics fourth
-Creative writing fifth
-Band/Choir or study hall sixth