~ ten ~

"I'm literally gonna cry," Jess says as she helps me pack up my suitcases. I was leaving tomorrow morning. Leaving school, leaving friends, leaving family. And it hurts to think about.
"No no not yet! We still have four hours to hang out!" I say quickly and fold one of my blankets in half.

It would be around three months. And I know that one day I'll go to college and have to leave for several years, and one day I'll start a life.
But I didn't wanna go yet.

After packing two suitcases, a duffel bag and a backpack, I had everything. Normally I'd have a sleepover with Jess but since I'm up tomorrow at six in the morning, dad is making her leave at ten. He wants me to get sleep.

"So what do you wanna do? We could go to the city? Or go to the cafe? We have to do something fun before I-" Jess looks over at me, as I was looking at my phone.

"Still no texts from him?" She asks, walking over and peeking at my screen.
"None. I thought he'd say something nice like "I'll miss you" or whatever but nope. All he did was post another picture on Instagram of us."

Jess sighs and bends down, zipping up my bag and then hesitating to speak.
"Y/n I don't wanna say this to you but... I honestly think he's using you."

That got my attention real fast.

"What? No! Connor wouldn't do that!" I say angrily, as she closes her eyes and nods a few times, "I know I know but it all lines up. He never texts you, but he's always posting on the media? Always asking for selfies? Constantly checking his phone to see if he has new likes or follows? He clearly is with you for the fame."

What if she's right? What if Connor is using me?

But it's not fair to jump to assumptions yet. It's been two weeks. We're still new and he's still excited. Obviously he'll post. I'm sure that it'll die off soon and he'll text me. Check in on me, and make me feel loved.

"Just let me be Jess. We're fine," I say.
She simply shrugs and gives a small sigh.
"Alright then. Where should we go?"

"I don't know?"
"I don't either."
"But we can't spend the night just crying because your leaving!"
"I know!"

She grunts and let's her back fall on my bed.
"So now what?"

I have no idea. But I will not be spending my last day with her like this.
"Let's go shopping!" I smile, grabbing her arm and yanking her off the bed, "I know a few shops that'll be open all night."

She chuckles a bit at me and reluctantly sits up, "But I don't have any money," she complains.
"So what? I'll pay. Besides, I'll probably get some cash after this movie anyways."

Jess gives me a small grin and stands up all the way, "Are you sure? I don't have to get anything-"

"Positive," I smile.

~

"What about this?" Jess asks as she spins around in a super small princess dress.
"Jess!" I giggle at her ignorance and walk over, "that was my Halloween costume from when I was five!" I chuckle, "I don't even know where you found this!"

The two of us were trying to find stupid outfits to wear so that if anyone recognizes us, they can get some pretty horrific pictures. But the dress was just a bit too tiny.
"Perhaps you could try something else," I joke around, "maybe wear a hoodie and sunglasses like me?"

I showed off my black hoodie, joggers, and red heart sunglasses. Jessica groans and throws her head back, "Ugh. Fine."

She trudges back to my closet and closes the doors.
"Okay but hurry up! The mall closes at ten!" I call out.

Once the doors close and I could hear her rummaging through my clothes for a new outfit, I pull out my phone to text Connor.

______________________________
Connor💓

Y/n
I'll miss you when I leave :((

Connor💓
aw

Y/n
Promise you'll text me??

Connor💓
sure

Y/n
Oh
Okay well I gotta go
Me and Jess are going shopping :)

Connor💓
arent stores closed by now

Y/n
No it's only six

Connor💓
oh
k bye then

Y/n
Bye <3

I shut off my phone and drop it in my lap. Why doesn't he seen upset? I'm gonna be gone for three months and all he could worry about as if the stores were still open?

Maybe he's just tired. But it's early... ugh. I hate men.

"What about this?" Jess asks, bursting out of my closet and causing me to slightly jump and tuck my phone into my pocket.

Her expression quickly falls, "Please tell me you weren't checking to see if Connor texted you."

I sigh and shake my head, pulling it back out.
"N-No I was just..."
I turn my head up to her, and she had an "sureee" look on her face.
I sigh and open Instagram to his post which now had a million likes.
"Okay fine. I texted him and said I'd miss him but he just doesn't seem upset that I'm leaving..."

Jess looks down for a second and mumbles, "He's in it for fame."

"Is not!" I quickly snap back, biting my lip and tucking it away once more.
"I know but- god I just don't get a good feeling from him anymore," she sighs.

"Jess," I scoff and tie my hoodie strings, "let us be. We'll figure things out on our own alright?"
She sighs and gives me a small shrug.

"I believe you but just be careful okay?"

What is there to be careful about? I'm sure he just had a bad day or something. He's not using me.

But what if he-

He's not.

"Well I think that outfit suits you much better," I say, trying to change the topic. She seems to role with it and joins in.
"You think?" She does another twirl and smiles a bit.

"Oh I know. Now come on. Let's get shopping."

I stand up, and hurry over to her. Even if we are in a small quarrel about Connor, I'm gonna have a good night.

Because I know it'll be my last one for a while. There won't be good nights when I have to pretend to fall in love with Louis.

None.

~
A/N: Super short chapter :(( I'm kinda tired and I'm watching it 2 again even though I like the first one more.

I just wish they showed the kids more because like they're 90% the reason I watched lol

Anyways, I'll update tomorrow :)) Gn everyone