~ three ~

"Shit what's the line?" I ask, slapping a hand to my head. Jessica was laying my bed, reading Tewksbury's part for the audition script which I had printed last night after Matt sent it to me. There's different scripts based on the roles you audition for. Enola and Tewksbury have this one.
"You think you look normal?" She fills in for me.
"God dammit I knew that one," I panic, pacing my room, "okay just go from the top."

Jessica sighs and sits up, "Y/n you've been practicing this for almost thirty minutes straight. Don't you think it's time for a short break? I'm tired of reading Tewks-"

"Just one more time?" I beg, folding my fingers together. I needed to memorize this right now. I almost have it all. Just a few little things that are wrong.
Jess groans and throws her head back, allowing her body to fall flat on my bed again, "Fine. But this is the last one."

"Tewksbury falls from bag onto train carriage floor and-"

"Well don't read the fucking asterisks you moron," I chuckle a bit, "read the lines."

She sighs and giggles a bit to, "Fine."

"Hello," Jessica reads.
"Please get out of this carriage," I say, while having a shocked and concerned look on my face. My trainer tells me that once you have the line down, add in subtle emotion that fits the scene.

"I can't. I'm in hiding. Bit of a to-fo. Bribed a porter to put me in this and get me onboard. Very daring."

"Get out of this carriage right now."

Small pause.

"You're a... a strange-looking gentleman."

"You think you look normal? Yes!" I say, breaking character and jumping for joy, "I got it! The one line I always forget!"

Jess sighs and twiddles a strand of hair, "Y/n we aren't done yet! You can't break character when you're auditioning."
I calm down a bit and take a quick breath, "I know, and I won't. Now let's continue."

She sighs again and nods. I honestly feel bad for making her do this, but in my defense, she agreed.

"You're not a boy at all."

"I might be a boy."

"Who are you?"

"What are you?"

"I'm Viscount Tewksbury, the Marquess of Basilwether."

"You're a nincompoop."

Small pause.

"I'll have you know, I have just undertaken a particularly daring escape-"

"You have not escaped. There is a man in a brown bowler hat currently on the this train searching for you, and once he finds you he will th- think? I uh-...shit," I mumble, realizing I forgot the line.

"The line goes: I helped find you, and I will be endangered by blah blah blah alright," Jessica corrects, slapping the two sheets of paper on her lap, "I'm calling it. We're taking a break. I promise by the time I leave tonight, you will have this memorized okay? Besides, that's the last and longest line for your audition. You'll get it."

I look at her in disappointment that I didn't remember but she simply shrugs, "It'll be fine."
She sets her hands on my shoulders and stares dead in my eyes.
"You want some ice cream? Come on, I'll take you to the shop," she insists, grabbing my wrist and forcing me out of the room.

I grunt a bit and follow her out, and then up the stairs, "Jess you know I can't have ice cream."
She shrugs and we make it upstairs, "Well you can have a muffin then," she finishes off, before facing my Dad.
"Mr Downey, may I take your daughter for a treat? I believe she deserves a break," Jessica asks, fluttering her lashes at my dad who was eating a cookie and laying reclined on the couch.