~ twenty two ~

^this pic minus the ocean lol^

"You've heard about the corkscrew right?" Melany asks as she looks down at her watch, and then back up at me.
I have morning practice today. And I mean six. I was up at five.

I never believed anyone when they said morning practice was hard. Now I understand. Because I am sweating like a pig in my shorts and tee, hair sticking to my red face.
"I mean yeah," I huff a few times, "it's mentioned in the script?"

"Yes!" She claps her hands harshly, trying to get me to hike up. My guess is that Melany is one of those twenty year old workout geeks. Waking up at four to hit the gym before having their Starbucks.

"And that move is coming up very soon in this movie. We probably should've started working on it sooner but that's what now is for. So lay down right here," she guides me to a position, "first step is just to flip on your stomach."

She placed her hands on my waist and helped me flip onto my belly, and then grabbed my wrists and clasped them onto my ankle.
"Once you have this, flip back around to your back."

I listen, but still remain slightly confused.

"Then your going to kick your legs up, and use the ball of your heel to hit my shoulder, and the other one on my waist to make me fall," she instructs, grabbing my ankles and showing me where to kick down.

I think I got it? I know this is a skill I have to work on though because it's in the actual movie.

I just don't think I know anyone who would allow me to practice with them.

"Give it a try?" She asks, allowing me to stand back up.
I sigh and nod, "Yeah."

"Hey."

"Hm?"

"Come on. Get pumped up or something."

"But it's six thir-"

"We have to have morning practice. I have another meeting and we have called off way to many practices."

I nod a few times and the girl wipes a bit of sweat off her forehead. I tuck some strands of hair behind my ear and then hold my hands on my hips for a second.
"Ready?" She asks, and then raises her eye brows.

Stomach, ankles, flip, kick.

"Ready..." I hesitate.

"Alright... three, two, one, go!"

I drop down and get on my stomach, and grab onto her ankles, then flip back around and toss up my feet, kicking her shoulder and waist.

But that's when it happened.

On the positive side, I got her down. She fell to the mat underneath us. The negative? She landed on top of my left ankle, twisting it lopsided.

I immediately bit onto my lip and squeezed my eyes shut.
"Great job y/n! You got me!" She cheers, standing back up as the weight of her body is finally released off my ankle.

I didn't speak, rather I just sat up and nodded a few times, taking a couple deep breaths and trying not to let my eyes well up in pain.

"Hey what's up?" She asks, sitting back down beside me and placing a hand on my shoulder.
I stare down at my ankle for a split second but then shrug, "Nothing I just tweaked my ankle a bit but I'll be fine."

That's a lie. I'm screaming internally.

"Well maybe we should call off today's practice. It's been about an hour and you best get to cleaning yourself up," she chuckles, holding out a hand that I grab onto and hoist myself up, hopping on one foot.