8 - The Battle of Ur

No one's POV

We see Y/n, Hajime and both of their parties at a table with their teacher and the knight Y/n beat, with Aiko trying to convince them to fight.

Aiko: Y/n, Nagumo, is there anything you two could do to stop the army of monsters? Please, you two! There must be something you two can do for us!!! Without the help from you two, the monsters will destroy the town and hundreds of innocent lives will be lost!

Hajime: That's unexpected. I thought you prioritized the safety of your students among all else.

Y/n: An now you're asking us both to put our lives on the line. It seems you've also forgotten that I've experienced death. It isn't pleasant, I can tell you that. Also, I barely know any of them.

Aiko: Of course. As a teacher, I should always put my students first. That said, I don't want to cast aside the many people of this world who I have known to learn and respect. I know I wasn't there for you two when you both needed me the most, and these words may not mean much to you, but I'll say them anyways. Y/n, Nagumo, I don't want your lives to be empty ones! And it will be if you two forget how to care about other people!

After a bit of silence, Y/n speaks up.

Y/n: Answer me this, Miss Aiko. No matter what I do, or who I become, you'll still be me and Hajime's teacher, right?

Aiko: Yes, always!

Hajime: No matter what decision me or Y/n make, even if it's the opposite of what you wanted?

Aiko: That's right. Provided you both listen to what I say before you make your decision.

Y/n then sighs and gets up.

Y/n: Kaguya, Tohka. We've got a town to defend.

Kaguya and Tohka: Right!

Y/n and her party then walk off to make plans, and after a bit, Hajime and his party walk off.

Aiko: Where are you going?

Hajime: There's an army heading this way. I should probably help Y/n prepare for their attack.

Aiko: So then you'll work with Y/n and help us?

Hajime: Only because my teacher told me to.

After that, Y/n and Hajime start to plan. Hajime then creates a wall with his magic. Y/n then uses the ring that she got from the labyrinth she cleared to create earth spikes in the wall that Hajime made. Meanwhile, while Y/n and Hajime work on the wall, their classmates, along with Tohka, help flee the citizens.

They then take a break and have something to eat, and Kaguya feds some of her food to Y/n, to which she accepts. Yue then tries it with Hajime, and he does get a bit shocked by it, but he accepts. Tio, who was watching both Yue and Kaguya, tries to do the same to Y/n after Kaguya leaves, but fails horribly, which does turn her on. It then reaches the afternoon, and Y/n and Hajime are looking out to where the monsters will be coming from.

Y/n: So, we got everything done?

Hajime: Yup. Everything should be good. Not long now, the monsters will reach us soon.

Y/n: And we've prepared to take them down.

Hajime: To think we'd working together again like this. Gotta say man, it's a bit bizarre seeing you as a girl.

Y/n: Well, when you reincarnate, you don't know what will happen to you. Anyways, you better survive this completely fucked up world, cause I found how to get us home.

Hajime: Really? What's your plan?

Y/n then leans close to Hajime and whispers it into his ear.

Y/n: I'm going to kill Ehit.