chapter fifty-two

"Finally

"Finally. I was starting to feel trapped again," Donghyuck joked, grabbing his clothes from his mother and heading to the bathroom.

It had been nearly a week since the incident. In that week, the teenagers had been stuck in the hospital and taking their time recovering.

But even after that week, they were still a bit sensitive. Especially Nayeon, the girl feeling much more comfortable wearing shoes to block out her seismic sense ability.

They were now allowed to leave. To return home. They weren't allowed to go out just yet, the doctors saying their bodies were still adapting to the changes that were made to them.

There was a small exception for Jiyoung, as she didn't undergo any experimental changes like the others. Instead, she was only researched while also having to endure small amounts of torture. She was sensitive in some parts of her body but overall was doing the best. And that just made her feel worse.

She knew she was the reason each of her friends had to go through all of this pain, again. They already had to go through mental pain when she was taken the first time but now they had to endure physical pain. All because of her.

As she got dressed and ready to leave, she couldn't help but think about what the other's lives would be like if she hadn't come around.

It made her sad to think about such a thing but how could she not?

A knock on the door pulled her out of her inner thoughts. Pulling on her t-shirt, she walked over towards the door, opening it to see two familiar faces.

"I'm so glad you two are okay," she smiled, leaning towards and hugging the two boys who were just as happy to see her.

"Are you ready to go?" Chenle asked. "They're asking us if we want to go home or not, is Jaemin Hyung going to your house again?"

Jiyoung shrugged, "probably. But that's not important right now. Mark said that Hyuna had something out for you two, are you sure you guys are okay?"

Jisung laughed softly, "we're sure. Otherwise, we wouldn't be allowed out. Don't worry, we're a lot better now."

Jiyoung exhaled, stepping backwards. "I'm so tired, I think my body needs to rest for ten years before I'm ready to return back to normal."

Chenle nodded in agreement, following her into the room. He cracked his back slightly, relieving some of the pain as he watched a bit of TV for a moment.

"Me too. But I asked my dad about our training and everything and he said that our masters are giving us a month off if we need it, longer if we request," Jisung informed his older friend, sitting on her hospital bed.

Jiyoung nodded, "that's good. You two should really get some rest before you return. Practice is no joke before getting your certification."

Chenle shrugged, "I feel like you often forget we're the same age."

"Eh, I'm still eleven months older."

Chenle scoffed, taking a sit of his water bottle. "Eleven months. Still the same year though so stop worrying so much about us. I, for one, am not a baby."

Jiyoung laughed, ruffling his hair, "yeah sure. As long as you two keep acting like kids, I'm going to keep treating you like the loving younger brothers you are."

"Is that baby reference supposed to offend me?" Jisung suddenly asked, finally registering the words Chenle just said.

"Alright enough chit-chat, you three. Your parents are here to pick you up," Jaemin informed his two younger friends while simultaneously wrapping an arm around Jiyoung.

The two nodded, heading out of the bedroom to also see the remaining of their friends.

Happily, the group existed their hospital, each of them ready to reach the comfort of their own beds, or in Nayeon and Jaemin's cases, the beds of their significant others.

where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
where there is a flame
someone's bound to get burned
but just because it burns
doesn't mean you're gonna die
you've got to get up and try, try, try
get up and try, try, try

━ try, pink

there could've been so much more development within in this book i'm sorry y'all 🚶🏽‍♀️

SURPRISE! finishing the book today bc i wanted to finish on jeno's bday and i forgot that timezones are a thing so here's the last chapters 😙