chapter thirty-three

Jiyoung hummed to herself as she walked to the front door, using her spare key to open the large front door

She silently walked inside, slipping her shoes off and making her way to Jaemin's bedroom. Tilting her head against his door, she heard him cough.

"Jaem, you okay?" Jiyoung walked inside, rushing over to Jaemin's bed with a worried expression registered on it.

He coughed again, trying to sit up by pushing his left hand against the white bedsheet laying softly under him. As Jiyoung sat down, he immediately wrapped an arm around her waist- using her as a stabilizer.

"You have a fever," Jiyoung frowned.

She tried to stand back up when Jaemin moaned unhappily, leaning against her shoulder in hopes to find comfort.

She laid her head on top of his, raking her fingers through his hair. Jaemin felt his body grow less tense as she tucked a piece of hair behind his ear.

"I need to get some water, it'll only take a second," she assured him, lifting his head gently.

He made no attempt to move his head up and down, watching silently as Jiyoung left the room. She was quick up and down the stairs, returning with a glass of water.

"Lie down," she instructed him, holding his head carefully as he leaned back, wincing once or twice until he hit the pillow.

Jiyoung stood over him, placing a small wet rag across his head. His body tensed at the cold feeling before relaxing, the sound of Jiyoung talking by his side making the pain more bearable.

"What are you symptoms?"

He stuttered at first, trying to find the right words and things to list, "uh, fever, cramping, nausea, headache, dizziness, sweating, and loss of appetite."

Jiyoung nodded, silently dabbing the rag here and there, "how long have you felt sick?"

"This morning after you messaged me back. I tried to sleep off the pain but woke up and just barely made it to the bathroom before hacking up my organs."

Jiyoung hummed, moving Jaemin's black hair off of his cold forehead. She didn't let her worry show but it was hard. Everyone knew Jaemin never got sick, making the symptoms seem even more extreme now.

"Have you eaten anything today?" Jaemin shook his head no. "Are you up for eating? I can make a sandwich or something if you're not too hungry but you need to eat."

Jaemin sighed, "yeah, just a sandwich please."

Jiyoung nodded, kissing the boy on the top of the head and quietly walking out of the room, walking downstairs to the kitchen.

She made the food quickly, thinking about what could be wrong with her boyfriend. She had a gut feeling it wasn't just a regular sickness but she couldn't tell what else it could be.

"Have you eaten anything bad recently?" Jaemin shook his head, silently eating his sandwich. "What was the last thing you ate?"

"Some of that ice cream that Donghyuck and Hyuna brought with them," Jaemin answered, pausing after the words left his mouth. "We need to get to the clinic."

Jiyoung stood up, helping to make sure Jaemin didn't fall as he got off the bed. "What? Why? Please be careful."

Jaemin graoned, holding his stomach, "what if I ate some bad ice cream yesterday? I could have food poising or something."

Jiyoung nodded, grabbing her car keys, "alright, let's go."

I SAID I WAS GONNA PUBLISH THE NEXT CHAPTER IN A FEW MINUTES AND FORGET LMAOOO THAT WAS FIVE HOURS AGO 😭😭😭