chapter thirty-nine

Sooyoung groaned as she woke up

Looking around the room, she made eye contact with Nayeon and Jiyoung, immediately making her throat go dry.

"Please tell me it was an awful dream." The two girls by her side grimaced, feeling a bit embarrassed for the older girl themselves.

Sooyoung huffed, carefully sitting up against the bed. Looking around, she could tell that it was in fact Renjun's room. She pondered over why she was there instead of one of the guest bedrooms but didn't stay on the thought too long.

"What all happened?" She asked, gripping the glass of water Nayeon handed to her. She placed her palm against her aching head as Jiyoung explained.

"Um, well, from what Renjun told us, you and Mark snuck him into the bar, he chaperoned until you made him feel guilty for not dancing so he ended up doing so. While away from the bar, Mark had managed to almost blackout. And when he tried texting us to come pick you guys up, he panicked seeing you cry but then got confused when you told him you liked him."

"Also," Nayeon joined, making Sooyoung groan, "it was kind of caught on video and posted on Instagram. I screen recorded it before the video was taken down."

Sooyoung sighed, sitting up to watch the video Nayeon let play from her phone. When the video was over, she felt tempted to walk over to the balcony and just jump off.

"That's... embarrassing," she complained, throwing her head back.

She immediately regretted it, her head coming into contact with the wooden headboard behind Renjun's mattress.

"I need to get out of here before he wakes up," she finally decided, standing up as she ignored the pain in her head.

"Wait Sooyoung, he's already-"

A knock at the door startled all three of them, Sooyoung rushing over to the bathroom before whoever was at the door could come inside.

Her back slid against the white door, hearing one of the boys step into the room. Her heart sped up as she heard Renjun begin talking to Nayeon and Jiyoung.

"Where did she...?"

Nayeon and Jiyoung were silent, the two of them pointing towards the bathroom, the light shining under the door to signify someone was inside.

Renjun nodded, biting on his lower lip. "Could you tell her to meet me in the kitchen? And breakfast is ready in the living room, Jaemin made it."

The sound of the particular boy's name made both of the girls raise to their feet, the two acquainted with the delicious makings of Na Jaemin.

Renjun walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. When it was fully closed, Sooyoung peaked outside.

"What'd he say?"

"That you two need to talk. And now would be nice because if Jaemin cooked, the foods going to be gone in minutes so let's get going."

Sooyoung hesitated to follow after the two, her feet not wanting to let her move yet her brain told her she couldn't put it off forever.

Finally, she gave in, letting herself find Renjun.

i'm using your shirt as a pillow case
i wanna ruin our friendship
we should be lovers instead

━ jenny, studio killers

yeah i don't think i'd ever be able to show my face again that would be so embarrassing

i'm so excited to publish war of love and i'm already gathering clips for another trailer for shift since it was also popular :D