chapter four

The four councilmen teenagers looked at Jinae

The four councilmen teenagers looked at Jinae. "This is some kind of lame joke, right? Jiyoung doesn't have a twin." Mark asked, looking between Jinae and his aunt.

Jaemin stepped farther in front of Jiyoung, the introduction not sitting correctly with him for some reason. This time Jiyoung did not hold him back, knowing it would do nothing.

Three of the adults in the room anxiously looked at Jinae who eyed Hyuna, a bubbling feeling beginning to form in her stomach. "How do you.. why do you think that? How do you know about that?"

"My mother- or at least the lady who claimed to be my mother. I was doing a project for school that required some information about my birth and although she could give it to me, it did not correspond with her own DNA and such." Hyuna stopped, tears prickling in her eyes.

The gray pupils shone under the light with a light cover of water and she took in a deep breath. "So I went behind her back and did some snooping, there I found out some dark stuff about her. I can tell you what I believe is the truth if you give me a chance. Please."

Jiyoung's mouth was parted, looking up at her mother. "What is she talking about? You've never mentioned me having a sibling, much less a lost twin."

Jinae looked at her daughter with wry eyes before looking at Jaemin, a guilty feeling coming up when she saw her daughter's boyfriend's eyes. She knew how much Jiyoung meant to Jaemin and it was clear he was understanding her emotions and was already getting defensive.

"I can explain. But first, I need to know what she is talking about. I promise, okay? You have to trust me right now, both of you." Jinae said calmly, looking between Jiyoung and Jaemin.

Jaemin's father stepped forward, placing a hand on his son's shoulder. Jaemin slightly relaxed but not by much.

Jiyoung tiptoed and pulled her head over his shoulder, slightly kissing his cheek. "Remember what we talked about."

Jaemin immediately relaxed more, his shoulders dropping slightly. For Jiyoung, he would try to stay calm and collected.

Everyone looked away from the couple and towards Hyuna. She realized and began speaking once again, "Okay. So, I went snooping and found a notebook and some paperwork in her room. She's a nurse and often works late at night so it was the perfect opportunity. The night of my disappearance, she pretended to be a nurse. When the others turned back, she took me and left. From there, I've grown up with her but after knowing what she had done to you and my father, I couldn't stay any longer. And also because of the fact that she kidnapped me.."

Donghyuck's mother stepped forward, a hand finding its way to Jinae's shoulder. She looked at her friend with pity in her eyes.

Jinae was still feeling an unbelievable amount of emotions passing through her body. She was about to speak until the door was opened and a security guard walked inside.

"Councilmen? Would you like me to remove the intruder? I'm sorry, we don't know how she managed to get past everyone." The guard apologized, bowing. He stepped forward, setting his hands on the girl's shoulder.

Jinae stopped him, "hold on a second, Wong."

short chapter, sorry i just want a bit of suspense 😭the first chapters are prob gonna be kinda short just bc i want to build up to some stuff 😏

the first chapters are prob gonna be kinda short just bc i want to build up to some stuff 😏

anyways, originally i wanted donghyuck to be nice but idk anymore so i'll ask your all's opinions. should i make donghyuck nice or kinda mean?