chapter thirty

The group sat together on the freshly cut green grass, the sound of music creating a nice soft sound around them, the sunlight shining brightly around them and illuminating their features

"It's so peaceful today," Jeno mentioned.

Nayeon hummed, playing with her boyfriend's hair as he laid his head on her stomach. "I'm glad we get to spend time out here before training tomorrow."

Jeno agreed, closing his eyes and letting the soothing feeling of Nayeon's fingertips help him fall closer into a nap.

"Sweetheart," Jeno's eyes squinted as he looked up at Nayeon, her face hovering over him as she moved the hair out of his face. "We should go, I don't want you falling asleep under the sun."

Jeno nodded, yawning as he sat up and tiredly wiped his eyes. He and Nayeon waved at everyone as the girl gripped his hand and led him to the car.

"Be safe!" Jaemin yelled to the two, watching them walk to their car.

"I guess it's about time we all get going. We've been here for a while and Seri looks tired enough for her nap," Sooyoung giggled, looking down at her tired nieces face.

"You guys can get going, we can clean up," Jiyoung nodded. Sooyoung thanked her, carefully standing up and picking up Seri.

"You know, I'm really tired too so I'm gonna get-"

Jiyoung laughed, grabbing Chenle before he could leave. "Nice try but you weren't about to pass out like Seri and Jeno was literally asleep already. We can play rock, paper, scissors to see who needs to clean up. Three people lose."

Chenle groaned, sitting back down so the game could start. By the end, Donghyuck, Jaemin, and Jiyoung had lost.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom really quick," Donghyuck said, quickly standing up to jog over to the bathrooms.

Jaemin stood up, "I'll take care of the trash." Jiyoung nodded, beginning to close all of the containers as Jaemin walked towards one of the trash cans.

He hummed to himself until finally making it to the can, tossing the trash away. Before walking away, he looked towards the convenience store, wondering if Donghyuck was coming back.

But when he looked over at the shop, his breath slightly hitched. His mind stopped for a moment, making him freeze.

Is that Hyuna and her mom?

"Hey, Jiyoung?" He called quickly, rushing back over to the girl. Jiyoung looked up at her boyfriend, waiting for him to continue. "I know you're not going to believe me but I swear that I just saw Hyuna and Minji at the conscience store."

"What?"

Jaemin and Jiyoung looked towards Donghyuck, neither of them telling if Donghyuck was glaring because he was mad or because the sun was in his eyes.

"What are talking about? They arrested that woman, Jaemin. Why do you keep turning against Hyuna?"

Jaemin looked at his friend with confusion, "what are you talking about, Donghyuck? I haven't turned against her."

"Right, because you never liked her in the first place. She's been nice to me since we've met, why are trying to be mean to her?"

"I haven't said a word to her. And weren't you the one saying the scene at her house looked sketchy? All I said was that I saw her and her mom at the store."

"You think you saw them," Donghyuck corrected, "Hyuna went over there when she left and we talked before I came over here. Her mom is in prison, Jaemin."

Jiyoung stepped between the two, slightly pulling Jaemin away from Donghyuck, "you two can stop. I'll finish cleaning, you two go home."

Jaemin squinted, looking at Donghyuck. "Why are you being like that? So... protective about the whole thing?" He paused. "You like her, don't you?"

Donghyuck shifted his weight onto one foot, "and what if I do?"

i'm trying hard to trust you
when you say give me your hand
baby i'm fallin'
i hope you catch me when i land
i think i'm in love again

━ i think i'm in love, kat dahila

fights within the group ✋🏽😔