chapter thirty-seven

"Good morning my dearest friends!"

Jeno eyed his best friend, watching Jaemin and Jiyoung walk downstairs together, "what's got you in such a good mood?"

"Well if you must know-"

"No, we don't need to know, there are children present," Nayeon covered her ears, walking to their stairs to grab Jiyoung.

Jaemin scoffed, walking behind the two girls to the couch, sitting next to his girlfriend. "I wasn't even gonna say anything bad, you big baby."

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "sure, you weren't."

"Alright, who wants pancakes?" Sooyoung asked, coming out of the kitchen. Everyone in the living room looked up at her, a second passing before everyone got up and ran to the kitchen.

"Did Renjun cook these?" Jisung asked, taking a plate and fork.

Renjun glared at the younger boy, walking over to the table and setting down two large plates of food for everyone to share. "No, Sooyoung did."

Jisung smiled, leaning forward to get a few pieces, "alright. Thanks, Sooyoung!"

Sooyoung laughed from beside Jisung, playfully ruffling his hair before taking a seat beside Renjun. "Come on, don't be a pouty baby," she smiled.

Renjun scoffed, "I am not a baby."

"You're kinda acting like one," Donghyuck remarked, almost choking as he dodged the paper towel roll Renjun threw at him.

The group spent their last few days as a whole together, knowing that Yiren would eventually need to return to the kingdom

"Do you have to leave?"

Yiren smiled sadly, side hugging Chenle, "I've got some duties that need to be done back home, bud. I can still text you guys whenever I want, though."

Chenle nodded, pouting as he switched spots with Renjun. "Tell Mom I'm still coming home for her birthday."

Yiren nodded, letting go of her little brother. She leaned over to his ear, holding herself back from laughing as she whispered. "You bringing Sooyoung with you or are you still going to be working up the courage to ask her out?"

Renjun glared, whispering back, "depends on if you're gonna invite Mark or not."

Yiren backed away, smiling cheekily, "already have."

Renjun sighed, watching his older sister walk over to his only older guy friend in the group. He gagged watching her kiss his cheek, only making Mark look flustered.

"Get a room!"

Yiren scoffed at Renjun's remark, pulling away from her hug with Mark. The sound of a lady's voice calling for her gate made her shoulders slump, "I guess it's finally time for me to go."

"We'll miss you!"

Yiren laughed, "it's been fun spending these past few weeks in the Republic with you guys and I promise I'll text you guys whenever I have time. But I should be going."

The group of kids nodded, sad as they watched their close friend walk towards her flight, waving at them with a smile before turning away one last time.

when it hurts
but it hurts so good
do you take it?
do you break it off, when it hurts
but it hurts so good
can you say it?

━ hurts so good, astrid s

short and sad chapter :(