chapter sixteen

Renjun huffed, running water through his hair as he stared back at his reflection through the bathroom mirror

He still couldn't believe he had to keep Sooyoung around him at all times when on the job. He didn't find it reasonable at all.

I can take care of myself.

He sighed, turning off the water faucet and walking out of the bathroom, making sure to turn the lights out after him.

He walked over to Jaemin's door, giving it a few taps. He could hear Jaemin and Jiyoung inside, their conversation coming to a halt.

"I'm leaving for work now, I'll be back by five." The door opened, Jaemin and Jiyoung smiling at the boy in front of them.

Jiyoung stepped forward, giving Renjun a hug, "good luck today, make sure to at least try being nice to Sooyoung."

Jaemin nodded, giving Renjun a hug and stepping back. "Yeah, if you guys aren't on good terms then the job is only going to get harder."

The car ride to the Republic Police Station was quiet, the stone-faced boy not finding any pleasure in any music at the time.

He swung his keys back and forth as he walked inside, heading up to the front desk and getting his ID badge.

The sound of a foggy voice behind him made his ears perk up. "Renjun! It's nice to see you here again, how's it going?"

Renjun smiled, bowing to Marks father, Chief Lee. "I've been good, a bit nervous for my first day, though."

Chief Lee chuckled, patting the young boy on the shoulder with a comforting smile, "don't worry too much. Sooyoung has been in our training academy for almost a year and I think you two could get great work done with your minds out together."

Renjun's eyes widened, "you paired us?"

Chief Lee nodded, "my crew and I hand choose all of the pairs depending on how well we see them for each other. I hope you don't mind."

"No, no, of course not."

"Well, Sooyoung just arrived a few minutes ago. She's already getting her new uniform ready so you should do the same. Good luck today!"

Renjun waved to the older man, making way to his locker to put on the new attire. He did so slowly, not finding any reason to rush.

That was of course until his shoulder walkie-talkie suddenly made some noise. "Officers 0323 and 0820 please make your way out. We have a 211 going northbound on Chungmu-ro."

Renjun yawned before realizing his badge number was called, making him quickly straighten his clothing and rush towards his police car.

He realized Sooyoung was already in the car with her seatbelt on and scoffed, jumping in and starting the vehicle immediately.

"Do you see them," was the first question, or even sentence, Sooyoung had said to him. Renjun only shook his head, peering around to look for the car they were supposed to be chasing after.

"There!"

Renjun and Sooyoung felt their stomachs flip when they got close to the car, Sooyoung making sure to update the police radio while Renjun drove.

Renjun gulped as they got closer. "How the hell are we supposed to stop him if he doesn't pull over?"

Sooyoung looked around, trying to find any ways they could possibly get the man inside the car out and in handcuffs. "I can't see anything useful."

Renjun picked his lips as his body grew more anxious, his left hand holding into the steering wheel tightly while his left one reached for Sooyoung's belt loop.

"Drive the car, I know what I can do."

AHHHHHRENJUN AND SOOYOUNG FIRST CHAPTER

AHHHHH
RENJUN AND SOOYOUNG FIRST CHAPTER

i think i'm gonna start doing that thing where i'll only publish a new book when i've completed the last so that i don't get overwhelmed with writing! :)

but yeah besides that i think i'm gonna start posting every other day instead of like 5 days in between each update

did this trend w my friends so if y'all were curious, this is kinda what i look like.
***my hair is actually wavy and a bit past my shoulders but they didn't have that option