SKY 15: Prom

"There, beautiful," the makeup artist said with a genuine smile after putting it's final touches on my face.

I adjusted my eyes to the bright lighted-mirror and saw my reflection. The make up wasn't that dark, it fits with my dress and my complexions my hair was down but it was curled and set on the side with a star shape clip to hold them in place.  I gave the make-up artist a warm thank you and turned around as I hear my mom's gasp behind me.

"Oh baby, you look so beautiful," my mom like she was tearing up.

I rolled my eyes inwardly and approached my teary mom, "Ma, did you just noticed my beauty now?" I teased.

Mom let out a soft laugh and wiped her teary eyes, "You are my daughter, of course you are beautiful," she said and pinched my cheeks lightly. 

I gave mom a soft smile and wrapped my arms around her, "thank you ma."

Mom returned the embrace and kissed my temple, "anytime baby."

We stayed like that for a couple of second until mom broke off the hug and said that I should get change before Caylus arrives here. I totally forgot that Caylus will pick me up today and that I have a prom date today.

I grabbed my prom dress and hurriedly change with of course the assistance of my mom helping me to get it in the right places and securing the buttons behind. I wore a golden glittery 5 inch high heels that the designer of my dress recommended and stood up. 

I almost fell out of the sudden additional height I gained- I'm not used to wearing high heels especially if they are 4 inches and above. 

I tried to walk to my vanity table where my mom is standing but my legs were shaking from the need of balance. 

Great, just great! 

Why didn't I practice wearing these heels? How am I supposed to walk properly or even how am I even supposed to dance properly later?!

I didn't know I was taken away from my thought until I felt a cold metal wrapped around my neck, I touched the cold metal that hung on my neck and it was a necklace. 

The necklace was made up of small to medium size diamonds that meet in the middle. They were in some shape of small leaf like design and the center was a flower like design with a quite larger diamond size hanging below the flower like design.

After my mom securing the necklace on my neck she looked at the mirror in front of us and softly whispered, "beautiful."

This necklace I am wearing is my great great grandmother's necklace, pass down to the first female born granddaughter to generations. Today is the first time I get to wear such beautiful necklace. 

To complete the look I got a Lapis Lazull earring that I bought online, they were on sale, and 2  thin rings that wrapped my finger perfectly with crescent moon design that half way met a star while the other design was a medium bright star and a small crescent moon in between the small star.