Chapter 29: "Height"

Start from the beginning

I lowered my legs slightly to the position that would give me the power to make a successful jump, as I got myself ready to make the jump. Finally the stance of my legs lowered changed as they lifted up quickly, shooting me off the ground as I kept my attention at the ceiling in case I went too high. Once my height reached the maximum height I had managed to reach I looked down as started to fall back on the ground. Once my feet made contact back on the hard floor of the garage I lowered my legs on impact to minimize the fall, allowing me to land without worry.

"Now that's impressive!" exclaimed Springbonnie. "It really is," said Bonnie in agreement. "Alright, you've convinced me," said Helpy. "Glad to hear," I said in response with a smile. "Alright, I want all of you to lower your legs to be in an almost squatting position and extend them out about."

Everyone did as I asked, lowering themselves in the proper position. At least to the best of their attempts. Most of everyone here wasn't doing a very good job, but that was to be expected when doing this for the first time. I walked over to everyone as they held their positions, waiting and probably expecting me to comment on if their stance were right or not. "Lower Charlie," I said standing in front of her. She did as I asked as she lowered herself a little more, finally being in the right position to perform the jump. "Good stance Bonnie," I said walking past him. "A little too low," I said to Springbonnie. "Like this?" she responded elevating her stance now. "Too high now," I responded as she readjusted herself and finally got in the proper stance. "Better," I said making my way to Helpy. "You've barely squatted down and you haven't extended your legs out," I said noting his position. "How times do I have to explain that my height affects what I can and can't do, huh? I can't do everything like most of you, what's so hard to understand?" responded Helpy. "I understand the situation perfectly. The problem is you feel like your size limits what you can do and aren't putting in the effort to continue because of it. You need to realize your size doesn't limit everything you can do and even if it does have drawbacks it makes up for it with what you can do that no one else has," I responded. "Now lower yourself."

Helpy grunted in response as he lowered himself, if you could even say he did as he barely went half an inch down. "Lower," I said expressing in my tone for him to do better. "Yeah, yeah!" he responded immediately finally lowering himself to an acceptable position. "Good. Make sure to keep that stance," I said walking past him now. "A little too high there," I said reaching Michael as he did as I asked and raised himself to a good stance. "Good," I said walking past him. "Good position Foxy," I said stopping in front of her. "Alright," I said making my way back towards the desk. "Now! I want all of you to spring upwards when I give the word; think of it as a frog leaping upwards." "I don't think any of us agreed to imitate frogs here," noted Bonnie. "That was just to explain how the situation would go if you successfully make yourselves jump," I responded. "Before you launch yourselves concentrate all your energy and power to increase your height, direct all your power into your legs and ensure you are able to hold that power in your current stance. Having no control over that power will either decrease the height, or possibly increase it and cause you to hit your head on the ceiling. Fortunately and unfortunately that hasn't happened. Yet... " "Mind explaining what adding 'fortunately' and 'unfortunately' means?" asked Helpy. "That means it's good that scenario hasn't happened, and that's bad because it could, and probably will, happen at some point to anyone of us," I responded. "Ah, like it could actually happen. Maybe we'll be lucky enough that it won't happen at all," added in Springbonnie. "Luck has never been on our side so why would it change now?" asked Bonnie. "I don't know? Maybe because we never asked?" she responded. "You know, I would love to live in your mind for a day so everything can be easy as you make it out to be," responded Bonnie. "Ah, knowing you cousin you would regret immediately," responded Springbonnie. "Alright, I should also mention it is important to be able to land on your feet and control the speed you'll drop down from to land properly, without breaking a leg," I asked. "How hard can that be?" said Bonnie shrugging. "You're about to find out," I responded. "Alright, everyone ready?" "Ready!" responded Foxy ready to start. "We're all ready," said Michael speaking for everyone. "Yes, alright, can we please start already! Less talk more doing something that doesn't involve me being in this position for more than a minute," said Helpy complaining. "Jesus, the more you talk the more you remind me of the old me. And listening to the old me makes me glad I'm trying to change for the better," said Bonnie. "It's a shame it didn't happen sooner, especially when I made it obvious your attitude couldn't be tolerated to some people," said Mangle jokingly. "Better late than never," responded Bonnie. "Alright! Starting in three... two... one... go!" I said prepping them before giving the all-clear for them to go. Everyone launched themselves once the word was given, allowing me to judge and see what height they would reach.