Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out

Start from the beginning

I’m not expecting my Uncle or anyone to change their views on Hunter because their opinions didn’t matter to me. I don’t care what they have to say or what they think because this was my life and Hunter for as long as time allows would be mine.

Being in love made me feel coruscant. It felt like I abnegated all my fears and feelings of possible dismay and just threw caution to the wind. It gave me a new ardor to where I feel like I don't need common energy to survive anything.

I felt *tarantism. He was the petrichor in Southern California. He was a pleasantry no matter how I felt at first.

It was a scary thought to be filled with such passion but it struck me vehemently with lightning; quicker than I let the thoughts invade.

It was like a horse's estrapade. I fought for control of what was inevitable; the chasing that he did, my running, only to be caught.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Hunter asked more himself than anyone else and his hand slid slowly along my back before he pulled me to him abruptly. That alone was enough to bring Goosebumps along my skin and ignite a fire in my heart.

"I'm nothing special. But with you I feel that way."

Then we looked at each other and burst out laughing “That was way too cheesy huh?”

“Definitely,” I laughed pulling myself closer to his body and looking up at him.

***

“Are you guys sure about this? I know for sure Tristan can cook but I’ve never seen you cook anything but Chef Boyardee and you burned that.” Hunter directed his attention to Reylor who glared at him.

“If I’m following directions then it couldn’t be that difficult you poop-head.” She then stormed into the store followed by her brother and everyone else quickly shuffled behind them.

The teacher had thick accent and I’m pretty sure they were from Spain but I couldn’t be too sure.

“We are making Empanada de Manzana, now wash hands and sit.” She could see our and the other’s in the class’s looks of confusion.

“Spanish pie,” She said rolling her eyes and looked through the ingredients on our tables in front of us. I could see Reylor’s concentration face and Peter next to her looking constipated.

Hunter scooted his seat closer to mine and wrapped his arms around me preparing to cook with me in his arms. I laughed and leaned back in to him.

Cj and Jeremy were already arguing about how the dough should look and Tristan and Anna were steadily working away.

After we got everything in the bowl and the dough was ready Hunter still had his arms around me and his head buried in my neck.

“You have to roll the dough harder March,” He told me encouragingly. He placed his hands around mine and we did it together. From an outsider—or even me before we were a couple, I would’ve had said that kind of stuff made me sick. But when Hunter did it, I didn’t seem to mind it as much. I might as well enjoy the relationship instead of fighting it all the time.

“Don’t get any of mooshy in the food,” The Latina Chef scolded in her thick accent and whispered something in Spanish that I didn’t catch.

“Dude you ruined the apples!” Anna screeched mad that Tristan scorched the apple crisps.

“Well you made the dough lumpy and without much sugar.”

“Shut up!” Jeremy called out throwing a piece of dough their way but they dodged it and it hit Reylor in the face.