Eight years: jughead

"he's exactly the poem i wanted to write"

Jughead Jones
The day Betty left he he skipped work. He had skipped work that whole week actually. What was he without her?

He still was processing that she knew his secret. The truth was he was hired by people for murders. He made up to 100 grand for one person. And well of course he also had murdered everyone who had hurt Betty for free.

He had actually stopped taking jobs after Betty left.

He stuck to his actual job, that he was famous for. His fame eventually died down. It wasn't that his business wasn't famous anymore it was that he had shared partnership with Charles now. And Charles was now the face of the business. He also didn't want his daughter to be in the spotlight.

After Betty left he had cried himself to sleep most nights. But he knew it was his fault. He put this on himself.

He also developed a severe eating disorder, like he did the first time she left, except worse. It got to a point where he was almost hospitalized, but eventually he got help.  He had went into her room almost everyday looking for something. Anything that she could have left. Something he could keep of her. But there was nothing.

After about a year, when she was still all he thought about, he had started sleeping with a new woman nightly.

Really nothing was happening, but he had told himself every woman he slept with was a step closer from forgetting about her.

But that's the thing. Part of him didn't want to forget. Part of him wanted to hold on. Part of him hoped one day no matter how far away it would be, he would see her again.

About five years after she had left, he hadn't forgotten. He hadn't moved on, but he had accepted she was gone. He was still sleeping with woman most nights hoping one of them would magically make him forget about Betty.  Well that was until he had gotten one of his one night stands pregnant.

She had told him she would would put the child up for adoption if he didn't want her. He decided a child might be the best way to forget about her?

Once the child was born he had set up a nursery in his new house. And had went to many first time mother classes to try and learn how to give this child a good life.

Once she was born, he was happiest he had been since Betty left. He was holding his child. He had a child.

She has dirty blonde hair with blue eyes. She has light olive skin.

Of course he named his daughter Elizabeth. He still loved Betty. He would never stop loving Betty. He figured it was the best way to cope.

He loved Elizabeth the same as he loved Betty, except not romantically. He spoiled her in every way possible. From redoing her room however she wanted, to buying her every toy on the shelf. But he still made sure he disciplined her. No one likes a spoiled brat.

They had a daily routine. They woke up, ate breakfast, Elizabeth went to day care for three hours while jughead was at work. Once he was done they went out to lunch, then he took her home for her afternoon nap. Once she woke up, he took her to the park where they would play for about an hour. Then they would usually eat dinner at home, but also go out half of the time. After dinner jughead would read her a bedtime story before he put her to bed. After she had fallen asleep jughead went back to his room to sometimes finish work online, or watch Netflix, he really did whatever he wanted.

Although he had a daughter now and life was amazing, The grief Betty never left his mind.

"alright princess you ready for me to do your hair?" He called out from the kitchen to Elizabeth. She had woken up from her afternoon nap about 30 minutes go and was now changing into the outfit jug had picked out for her.

"Coming daddy" he heard down the hallway, revealing her shortly after. She looked adorable in her outfit. He brushed her hair out before putting it into a bun on the top of her head.

"Les pay hide n sek daddy" Elizabeth called excited to be at the park. "Okay angel, but you can only hide on this play place alright?" He asked becoming a little nervous of if she would be stolen. "Otay daddy" she said before running off onto the structure yelling "close you eyes" he smiled closing his eyes and looking in between his fingers to keep an eye on her.

He counted to ten then looked in place he knew she wasn't. "Hm, where could Elizabeth be?" He said around the corner of where she was. He jumped to scare her but she wasn't there.

He became a little nervous. This is where he saw her hide.

"Elizabeth?" He asked calmly. Her giggle immediately relaxed him. He smiled walking around to where he heard her. "I'm right here daddy!" She said from the slide.

He chuckled picking her up and kissing all over her miniature face as she giggled. "Daddy!"

"You're the best hider I know" he exclaimed at her. She smiled proudly. "You were looking everywhere and I was just on the slide!" She teased with her baby voice.

"I guess you're just that good!" Jughead chuckled at her. She giggled. As he put her down.

"Daddy I haf to go potty" she said. As she reached the floor.

He chuckled. Picking her back up, "alright sweetheart let's go" he smiled, knowing she just wanted to be picked back up. He then turned around to walk before freezing.

It can't be! Wait is it? There betty stood in front of him. "Betty?" He asked. Her eyes widened as she turned around and started walking away.

No way in hell was he going to let her leave. He put Elizabeth down grabbing her tiny hand as he followed Betty.

He started running, Elizabeth giggling not knowing what's going on.

They reached her as he grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. "B-Betty" he asked joy racing in his blood.

He let go of Elizabeth as she wrapped her arms around his leg. Jugheads hands met her cheeks as he wiped her tears. It was about 30 seconds till she gave in and hugged him.

His world was spinning. It felt like good karma had finally reached him.

"Darling let's get out of the street" he cooed to her grabbing Elizabeth's hand and going to the curb where his car was.

"Sorry" she sobbed. His heart melted. Her voice. He wanted to cry. He had her voice again for the first time in eight years. Her voice is so angelic, even when she's crying. "I'm sorry, it was really nice seeing you I should get going" she hiccuped smiling at him.

His heart nearly broke at her state. But he wasn't letting her go that easily. "Get in" he shook his head opening the car door for her as he picked up Elizabeth.

"But- but my car" she said her tears slowly calming down. "We'll get it later" he said opening the car door where Elizabeth's car seat was and strapping her in.

"We'll go to the bathroom when we're home okay princess?" jughead smiled at her tickling her belly as she giggled.

By this time Betty had already gotten in the car. He sighed in relief as he shut Elizabeth's car door and walked to his side.

He got in the car as she kept ranting about her car and how we'd lose it. She also mentioned how he was married. He almost laughed at her. But his heart ached as well. Did she believe he had moved on like she had?

Published: May 31st