〜 chapter 49 〜

( from here on, there are going to be mentioned of blood or maybe death, I just don't want to write it at every chapter now if there are only the slightest mention of it and there aren't many chapters left anyway, so if you continue reading from this chapter on, be aware )

With Xiao closing the door behind me and the two Maiden, he came over as the females lead me towards a chair since they seemingly didn't had something like a couch or such where I could lay down.

"What happened?"

Was what the Adepti then asked, his serious expression plastered on his face like always as he crossed his arms an looked down to my stomach.

"Eh, really not much. I just got stabbed in the stomach as we fought Childe, not that big of a deal..."

I quietly said as Xiao perked up at this as he was slightly surprised about my good condition after such an injury. He wanted to speak up but I beat him in it, not wanting him to be concerned or ask any more questions.

"Can we... please just take care of the injury so I can fight along with the others?"

I asked, not wanting to feel useless. I was a harbinger, I had the power to fight but the longer our journey was, the more useless I felt. Normally, I would get simple missions from the Tsaritsa where I just should go somewhere, kill some monsters or people that deserved it, and would get the next one, or just commanding the recruits that served under me what they should do.

I wasn't the one that had a lot to do with the diplomatic stuff where I would stay somewhere for a longer period of time, and therefore wasn't used to, well, all this stuff.

At first, I felt like everything was going well but with the time, I grew attached to the people around me and wouldn't know what to do, and what happened at the golden house was the best example for that.

It's not just that I don't wanted Aether to die because I needed him for my plan, I don't wanted him to die because he was my friend and I grew attached to him. And that was leading to the situation where I was in right now.

I sighed to myself as one of the maiden loosened the cloth around my stomach, revealing the injury — or rather all the blood that covered it.

Looking down, my stomach felt sore at the sight of all the blood, even if I was pretty used to it since my ability was blood manipulation. But seeing it in this kind of way was unusual.

I could see Xiao's eyes twitching as he also looked at the red liquid as his hands now felt to his side again.

"It's going to hurt a little bit, miss ( Y/N )"

One of the maiden said as she was about to clean the wound from my blood to disinfect the injury.

I hissed slightly as the maiden begun and grabbed Xiao's arm, who was standing besides me, squeezing it due to the pain to lighten it a little bit.

The Adepti doesn't seemed like he cared so much about his poor arm as he just analyzed what exactly the female in front of me did with the injury of mine.

"We're almost done, miss ( Y/N ). I'm going to sew the wound now"

The maiden said with her gentle and quiet voice, grabbing a needle from a little table besides as she disinfected the metal before she began sewing the injury.

I slightly looked down again as I squinted my eyes, seeing that the wound was smaller than I expected. Childe's blade wasn't that small after all, and I could have sworn that the injury had to be bigger, but accepted it anyway since, well, what should I do about it?