〜 chapter 9 〜

The cold breeze from outside blew against my back as the door behind me opened. I turned my head to see a man with long blue hair and an eyepatch that covered his right eye. A smirk was plastered on his face.

He looked around the room for a bit while closing the door behind him. His light blue orbs than locked onto my figure on the bar chair.

His smirk grew even wider as he approached me and sat on the chair to my left.

"Hello there beauty"

He began. I almost spit out the water I was just drinking as I heard his comment. On my face, a little shade of pink.

"What's with all the good looking guys in Mondstadt?!"

I thought to myself as I looked at his face.

"H- Hello..."

I said quickly, smiling slightly at him.

"Are you a Traveler? I can't remember seeing you before. And surely I would remember seeing someone as beautiful as you"

He said, a big grin now plastered on his face as he had his head rested on his hand.

"Uh, yeah I actually am a Traveler... I come from snezhnaya"

I responded.

"Snezhnaya huh? Must be nice.
With the exception of all the Fatui members there..."

He said, the last part rather silent.

"Heh, you're not wrong"

I thought, slightly sweat-dropping as I thought about all the annoying fatui members we had... the most of them just had an ego that reached the highest point of dragonspine...

I was captured in my thoughts again, that I didn't realized that the man besides me already ordered a drink and kinda stared at me. And so, I also didn't noticed the two other gazes that were thrown our way.

I came back to reality as the blue-haired male besides me spoke up again

"So, what's you're name, if I may ask"

He asked, his bright grin still placed on his face.

"I'm ( Y/N ). And you are?"

At this, the male took my and in his and placed a soft kiss and the back of it while looking directly in my eyes.

"I'm Kaeya. Cavalry captain of the knights of favonius"

He than said, still looking deep in my ( E/C ) orbs.

At his actions, my face became the same color as Diluc's hair and nothing then "eh- I- I'm... etto..."
came out of my mouth. He just smiled at me with his closed-eye grin until a certain red-head to my right decided to speak up.

"Kaeya. Don't disturb my costumers"

He said with a stern voice. He kinda always had a husky, stern voice but this time, it had a tone of annoyance or something. I couldn't really make out what it was.

Kaeya just raised an eyebrow at him and smirked slightly, then looking at me again.

"Oh? I didn't disturb you, have I? Otherwise, I'm really sorry ( Y/N )~"

As he spoke my name, my face just turned more red than it was already.

"Oh Ehm... no, no it's ok, really"

I said, waving him off.

Diluc than placed his hand on my right shoulder

"Well, you look like you're not comfortable in in this situation... no wonder after this action..."

He said, the last part so silent that I barely heard him. I gulped after a moment and than smiled a little bit at him, opening my mouth to say something until the blue haired male to my left also laid his hand on my shoulder.

"Maybe it's because you are so close. It surely would ease the tension if you would just do you're own stuff and let us do ours."

He said, now also kinda annoyed.

Diluc didn't said anything else, same as Kaeya. The two just stared at each other with death glares as they both still hold onto my shoulders.

I was still bright red and that the two of them were so close didn't make it any better.

This continued a few moments until I felt a hand that grabbed me from behind and pulled me off the chair.

I thought I would land on the floor but instead bumped into someone with the back of my head. The person behind be had one hand around my hip to hold me up and the other resting on my shoulder. I looked above me, just to see the face of a certain bard who smiled down at me.

And again, I couldn't hide my blush. Our faces were just inches away and I could feel his breath tickling my nose.

It didn't take a long time for Kaeya to clear his throat and standing up from his seat.

I than realized that Venti still hold me thigh against his chest and quickly stand on my own feet again.

The blue-head that was now standing besides me than started to walk towards the door again.

"Anyways, I should get going now. I still have work to do"

He said, turning around one last time

"See you, ( Y/N )~"

He said smiling at me before leaving the tavern again.

It didn't take long until Diluc also left the tavern for a moment to arrange something because of our plan so only me and Venti were left.

Honestly, I wanted to ask him about what he wanted to say at the cathedral but decided against it.

We just sat there in a comfortable silence and waited for Diluc, Aether and Paimon to return to the tavern.

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hey heyyy
Here we goo

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter UwU

And omg, almost 800 reads?!
I didn't thought this book would get 10 reads at first... so tysm, even if I am saying this non stop 🤍

Oh and btw, when you are bored, you could check out my TikTok ( @ wisteriapath )
Most if the time, the updates for this book come really late and that's bc I'm working on edits or other stuff for tt xD

That was all ig :3

Thank you all for reading 🤍

Have a good day / evening

~ Author-Chan