〜 chapter 17 〜

After a while of walking, we reached Stormterror's lair, or rather a huge wind seal that blocked our way to the ruins. But it wasn't that much of a problem since Venti could easily break it.

We then reached a large bridge that led to a
temple-like ruin but it was also surrounded by an wind seal. This time it seemed much stronger.

"How are we supposed to get in there?"

I asked while pointing at the ruin in front of us.

"Hm~ there seems to be an hole at the top of the ruin. Maybe we can use a updraft to come up there!"

Venti said looking around before he spotted an updraft that we could use.

We made our way over and it took us in the middle of the demolished building.

We made our way to the floor above by climbing a few collapsed rocks of the upper levels floor and spotted another updraft.

I opened my glider again and jumped into the wind that carried me up. I chuckled slightly because it was a nice feeling being so high at the sky and being able to see so much of the landscape around.

I jumped down at the stoneground and made my way besides Jean who was already standing there.

You could clearly see how nervous she was doe to our improved. I mean, we are already here at stormterror's lair and are about to face him for, most likely a fight.

I feel like it was today that I bumped into Aether as he was searching for Venti... and now we're here. It's all over in no time. After we would have freed Dvalin, I have to inform the other harbingers about Venti and this fact made my mood go completely down again.

I signed, hating that I always had to remember this when my mood was good.

In the end of the day, I'm just a Fatui harbinger who is going to complete any task the Tsaritsa would give. Like a little puppet of the Cryo Archon.

But I couldn't help but do the thing I was so good in.

Overthinking.

And that was just what I did again.

Meanwhile, I didn't noticed that Aether and Paimon already made there way back down to activate an mechanisms that would allow us to enter the lair.

I suddenly saw someone waving there hand in front of my face and I snapped out of my thoughts.

I looked at the person who stand in front of me and saw Venti, right behind him Diluc. I looked around and saw that Jean were currently looking at some crystal at the other side on the big hole in the middle of the floor and Aether was nowhere to be found.

"Huh, where are Aether and Paimon?"

I asked, now looking at the two men in front of me

But before any them had a chance to answer, a blue light erupted from the huge hole in the middle of the room.

Aether came up again and approached us. Besides him, his travel companion.

"We activated all the three mechanisms"

He said, looking at Venti who grinned at them.

"I should really pay more attention next time..."

I thought, signing to myself because of my habit of overthinking things.

Jean then also came our way and with that, we decided to enter the lair.

...

The next thing I new after we entered, was that I fell on my butt... and it was very painful.