〜 chapter 7 〜

Venti and I sat in front of the cathedral to wait for Aether and Paimon,  the bard next to me hummed a song as he was staring at we with a wide grin on his face. I was just fiddling with the chain around my neck as I looked up at the moon.

It was a beautiful view tonight. The full moon above and all the stars that sparkled in the clear sky.

There was a comfortable silence between me and the Bard as the only sounds that was heard, were his little song and the sound of the wind. But it didn't take long for Venti to speak up.

"Say, ( Y/N ), what is you're Cain made of? It's really beautiful"

He said, looking at the crystal around my neck that glowed slightly in the moonlight.

"Oh, I don't really know either. I have that chain since I remember... One of the only things from my past life I guess..."

I said, the last part rather silent.

"Hm? From you're past life?"

Venti asked curiously about what I said.

"Uh- eh,  I just mean my life before my travels. My mother gave it to me before I went on my adventures"

I said. It was a lie but I couldn't tell him the truth, even if didn't like it to lie. You could say I despise lies but I got used to it as a part of the Fatui.

He chuckled slightly at my response and looked up at the moon.

"Oh and if I may ask, what's that special ability from you? I have never seen something like this before"

The bard than asked

I slightly flinched at the questions

"How am I supposed to explain that?"

"well... I just had it since my birth. I don't know what's the cause for it"

I said. Lying again.

"Is that so...?"

He said, raising an eyebrow.

"He for sure know something..."

But then, he just smiled again. But it wasn't this happy closed-eye smile like always.

There were many emotions I could see.
It was still kinda happiness,
Sadness and...
Pity?

What was that for...?

I had a confused look on my face.
After a few moments, he opened his mouth to say something.

"( Y/- "

But he than was cut off by the doors of the cathedral that slammed open behind us.

We looked back and saw a panicking Aether running out of the building, who was followed by Paimon and a little bit behind, a few guards.

Before I could process the whole thing that was going on, Aether run over and reached for my wrist. He hold it tightly and dragged me with him as he ran away. A little yelp escaped my mouth because it was kinda unexpected.

Paimon and Venti seemed to follow us as well.

Aether ran to the nearby tavern that seemed like a good place to hide at first. We quickly opened the door and the firs thing that fell in my eye was a red haired man that was standing in front of the counter.