〜 chapter 36 〜

The sun was still up high at the sky, about to set in maybe one and a half hour as it was still pretty warm. One thing that I noticed about this nation was the temperature that could change in just a few minutes. Right now, it was pretty warm, or rather hot but just a few minutes ago, a kinda cold breeze could be felt as we were walking back to one of the statues of Rex Lapis.

We reached it short after and set everything up that we collected before.

„Well, as it stands, we've hired helpers, and we've acquired the everlasting incense. The completion of our preparation is not far off"

Zhongli then said, going through everything again in his head, if we really had all the things that are needed.

"Whew, Finally!"

Paimon exclaimed, kinda tired because of all the walking back and forth.

Zhongli and Aether then had a little conversation and at the end, Zhongli decided to treat us all to a meal.

"A meal??"

The little pixie was suddenly at all her powers again as soon as she heard something related to food.

"Huh...? Zhongli.... is treating?"

I asked, thinking about his financial situation right now as he just chuckled at this, looking at me as he nodded.

"Do not worry, I will bring the mora this time"

He said, his gaze still averted towards me as I just chuckled at his response.

Paimon was talking about all the food she could eat and Aether had the burden to listen to it all,
sweat-dropping about the fact that Zhongli might not be able to pay for all of the food that the little pixie would order.

...

After we said that we would meet at third-round knockout, some restaurant, earlier, we came there around 19 pm as the sun was now setting, making the trees glow a slight orange in the light.

"Ah, you're here"

Zhongli said as we approached him as he was already sitting on a table with all kinds of food on top.

"There is no need to order, I've already done so"

He continued, smiling slightly at us as we set down, me in the middle of Aether and Zhongli as Paimon was still floating next to the traveler like always.

""Third-round knockout" is not for lightweights, like those taverns in Mondstadt. Here, the owner does not take such unorthodox orders as fruit juice"

Zhongli told as I perked up at this, thinking my time has come that someone would let me drink just one glass good alcohol. Not gonna lie, it's not like I never drank some before but only because I stole some wine from Childe one day.

"Does that mean that we are finally allowed to also drink something?"

I asked as Zhongli seemed to think for a little moment.

"I ordered some wine-fermented sweet rice balls for you if that counts"

He said as he looked down at my slightly disappointed self as I sighed deeply, wiping one
non-existing tear from the corner of my eye.

"Ok, ok... I understand..."

I said, absolutely not over-dramatically as Zhongli chuckled again before he raised his hand and patted my head as he slightly lowered his head and smiled at me.

"You will get you're wine sooner or later"

He said as I couldn't help but smile at his actions.

We enjoyed our food for a little while before someone who was working at the restaurant approached our table and spoke up.

"If it is to your liking, dear customers, I shall tell the tale of Lady Ningguang's Jade Chamber"

"Hey, there is even a storyteller here! Great atmosphere!"

Paimon said as she was about to put some more onigiri in her mouth after she already ate five of them.

"As you all know, high above the land of Liyue lies a pavilion in the clouds, a place in the mist...
What does it mean to have all-seeing eyes? This, my friends: Lady Ningguang's masterwork that bridges earth and sky. The weather is clear and gaze down from the deck on the world below... Behold! The glorious sights of Liyue harbor, stretching out far and wide!"

He told, then continued his story about Lady Ningguang and the so called "paper snow" when she would tear apart some kinda important papers and throw them off of the Jade Chamber or something, as we all continued eating meanwhile.

"Tianquan Ningguang... feels like we've hearing this name a lot. Isn't she also the one who is most likely hiding Rex Lapis remains?"

Paimon asked to wich I just nodded before she continued

"Huh, Paimon wonders what sort of person she is"

Again, I nodded, also wondering what personality she might have. Since she seemed to be a woman with much power, I could imagine her to be a little bit self confident. Like the sort of people with a little too much self confidence that are also kinda sassy.

But after all we heard about her, I wasn't really sure if this was really true. I wanted to meet her, that for sure.

"At last, I have found you, you who returned from Jueyun karst"

I heard a stranger feminine voice say as I turned my head towards the roof of the restaurant where it came from.

"Who's there?!"

Paimon asked loudly as she seemed to didn't notice the female on the roof, turning in all directions in terms of finding the cause of the voice as I just slightly sweat-dropped, grabbed her face and turned her to the roof so now she could also see the
light-blue haired female.

"I am emissary for the Liyue Qixing. My name is Ganyu, secretary at the Yuehai Pavilion, and I have come specifically to meet you"

 My name is Ganyu, secretary at the Yuehai Pavilion, and I have come specifically to meet you"

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hey heyyy 🤍

So, is it just me or are the last few chapters a little bit dry? (*'ー`*)
But I'm sure they get a little bit more ✨spice✨ again soon <3

Anyways, I hope y'all had / have a good day and see you hopefully at the next chapter 🤍🤍

~ Author-Chan