〜 chapter 34 〜

On our way to the so called "Guizhong ballista", we came across a few hilichur camps but defeated them with ease nevertheless. There were also a few treasure hoarders but we decided to let a little distance between us and them so they wouldn't notice our presence. We had our priority right now and it would take too long to fight the treasure hoarders, compared to the few Hilichurs.

We reached a little hill and an old, small ruin was placed on top. As we reached the remains of the old building, there was something that looked like a crossbow and it seemed to be the Guizhong ballista.

"Ohh it's so huuuge!"

Paimon said as she laid an eye on the weapon in front of us.

But unfortunately, zhongli then noticed something about the crossbow

"Indeed, it is. But it's damaged",

He said pointing at the most damaged place if the weapon.

"We can't use it in this condition"

He continued but his appearance stayed rather unbothered like it wouldn't be much of a deal, different then the little pixie.

"Huh?! And what are we supposed to do now?!"

She almost shouted, overwhelmed with the situation like almost every time. I mean, I couldn't really blame her by this one, since I thought we couldn't just repair it. It was built by Adepti in the first place and I had no clue if there was anything that we could use to even try to fix it.

Until Zhongli pointed out that there were some spare parts...

Well, that makes the whole thing much easier
I guess...

"As I recall, there are some spare parts inside the pass"

The male said, looking down at the small room-like construction, where the pieces should be.
( ᵈᵒᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ˢᵉᶰˢᵉ? ᶰᵒ? ᵒᵏ )

ᵃᶰʸʷᵃʸˢ,

Aether, Paimon and I made our way down from the little platform that the crossbow was placed on and were about to collect the spare parts to repair the weapon until I heard something from our side.

I quickly raised my arm to my side, in front of Aether, to clarify him to hold still, and so he did, not moving an inch as he also looked to our side.

I lowered my arm again, about to grab my katana as suddenly a few treasure hoarders came in our sight, like expected.

I drew my sword, ready to attack them as Aether did the same as he had his sword in his hands by now, standing in a fighting position for them to come closer, unlike me who already dashed forward to attack them myself, rather than waiting for them.

Almost slaughtering the five men in front, who didn't even had the chance to attack, I put my katana back as I looked down on the men that were laying on the ground, hissing and groaning in pain.

"I can't help but be surprised about you're skills every time anew..."

Aether said, also putting his sword back that he didn't even had a chance to use as he smiled at me.

I smiled back, kinda proud of myself since it was nice to be praised of something I worked hard for.

Smiling at each other, we heard Zhongli clearing his throat, still waiting for us to collect the missing pieces of spare parts.

Finally carrying them towards the huge weapon, we could fix it pretty quickly and could now use it for our task that the Qiqi gave us.

But as we were looking around to find this cocogoat that the little girl was talking about, we didn't find anything. Not even a single soul.

"Are you... sure that something like the "cocogoat" really exist?"

I asked, not really convinced about the existence of that legendary animal.

Zhongli sighed at this, also realizing that this may be just a waste in time.

"Maybe we should go back and ask Qiqi about that? Or maybe someone else if we met someone since I don't think that she is the only one working at the pharmacy"

I said as I had my hand on my chin, thinking if the little girl really thought that there is a cocogoat here.

Aether agreed and so did Zhongli as we made our way back to Liyue harbor to ask about that, or maybe if there is just something else that we could do instead of hunting an animal that might not even exist.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hello hello 🤍

this chapter is kinda short because I'm so tired and don't wanted to do much mistakes so I just write the next one a little bit longer when I'm not so tired lol

I just made katsudon and and it took longer than I expected. Yeahhhh, ups ( ̄∇ ̄)

But anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and
had / have a good day <3

See you hopefully soon

~ Author-Chan