〜 chapter 32 〜

After we four left the Liuli Pavilion, Zhongli, Aether and Paimon talked about something related to the Adepti in Liyue and so on but I was busy again, thinking about what on earth was needed to celebrate a funeral for a god.

I mean, you couldn't just lay a few flowers on the ground and pray for him to rest in peace. Especially when there is no one who you could actually pray to...

With my hand on my chin, I thought about anything special for the funeral but came to nothing. I couldn't really imagine what would be needed to make it "different" from all the other ones, so I turned to Zhongli who had finished his speech towards Aether by now.

"Mr. Zhongli, may I ask what we need to prepare?"

I asked the male who was standing in front of me before he seemed to thought of something to himself for a little while.

"The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some Noctilucous Jade"

He responded to my question, one arm behind his back as the other one rested on his chin.

"Oh ok, this doesn't really seemed to be a difficult task...",

I said, looking at Aether and Paimon before I continued my sentence

"Maybe we can split up the work. Paimon, Aether, you two can go and get the Jade, meanwhile me and Mr. Zhongli are going to do the next task"

I said, pointing at the traveler and his companion.

At first I thought that we could just spit up in three groups so that everyone would collect the needed stuff alone, with the exception of Paimon who would go with Aether. It would surely go faster this way but I remember that even when I wandered around Liyue quite a few times now, I still wasn't really used to it so I doubted that I could go on my own and get all things that are needed... surely I would end up at the other end of the harbor, so I decided to just go with Zhongli.

And on top of this, I could finally let my guard down, even if it's just the tiniest bit. It was really nice to travel with Aether and Paimon but the fact that I had to always watch my actions and words so I wouldn't just blurt out something about the Fatui and so on, could be really hard for times.

Zhongli nodded at my words, thinking that it may really spare some time I guess.

Aether hesitated for a moment but agreed nevertheless.

It was then up to the traveler and Paimon to get the Jade and they quickly made there way to a shop that would sell those. They also got the task to go to a female named Madame ping to get the so called "Cleansing Bell", meanwhile Zhongli and I were heading towards the flower shop to get some silk flowers for some kind of perfume and also some kites after that.

As the two of us were walking down the streets of the harbor, I could feel something... different about Zhongli. It's just that every person in every city is kinda the same. They all spread the same energy, what's normal for any human, but there's some other kind of "energy" that emerged from this man.

It kinda felt like Venti but at the same time totally different and I couldn't tell where it came from or what it was.

But I decided to pay no mind to it since it could be that I just imagined things.

"( L/N ), right?"

The male suddenly spoke up from the silence that lingered between us as we were walking.

"Yes but you can call me ( Y/N ). I'm more used to it"

I said, flashing a smile towards the man besides me as he also slightly smiled at my response before speaking up again.