〜 chapter 47 〜

( still slight mention of blood in this chapter )

Pressing my left hand onto the injury to slightly stop the bleeding, refusing to fall on my knees as my legs got so heavy that it was almost not bearable.

Stumbling a little bit back, now only inches away from Aether behind me, I gave Childe a look, mentioning him to continue his plan and not worry too much as he clenched his fists, understanding what I wanted him to do as he gritted his teeth, not knowing if it was really alright.

Because it doesn't seemed to be.

Childe don't wanted to go, he don't wanted to let me alone and I could see it in his eyes. But he knew that this was the only thing he could do — let me do my own thing. I wasn't even laying on the ground yet, meaning that I wasn't finished.

I was way to stubborn in that moment, not wanting it to end like this. I just didn't let this kill me.

Stumbling a few steps back, Childe spoke up, acting like I wanted him to, not caring if I would die. Even if could see that this wasn't true.

"I see, I was too hasty. You have no reason to steal the gnosis traveler, do you? Seems like we have to go back to plan B..."

The ginger-head said, his voice didn't showing any sign of insecurity to my relive, as I heard Aether slowly standing up behind me.

"W- what will you do?!"

Paimon asked as she was already on my side, holding tight onto my shoulder in hopes that I wouldn't fall.

"I will awaken the god that lies dormant beneath Guyun stone forest — Osial, overlord of the Vortex —
who was defeated by Rex Lapis himself at the archon war"

Childe said, raising his right arm as around 10 sigils of permission circled around the harbinger that caused a slight wind to erupt due to the rotation.

"W-What...?"

I could tell Paimon was a loss of words right now, not knowing what exactly was happening or what she should do, as Aether was now also standing besides me, ripping some of his cape apart to tie it around my stomach in terms of stopping the bleeding a little bit.

The ginger-head begun walking forward as he then was surrounded by water, allowing him to circle around us one time as he spoke up

"If you wish to drown together with the rest of Liyue, you're free to stay and enjoy the show"

He said before the water around him carried the harbinger towards the roof as he escaped through the glass that shielded the inner of the building from the rain before, as the water drops were now able to fall inside of the golden house as the window was broken.

Catching his breath and calming down the tiniest bit as the harbinger was gone, Aether looked at me as a mix of concern, confusion and maybe even anger was shown in his golden orbs.

"Are you... okey?"

The traveler asked as I was obviously not in the best condition.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry... The blade didn't sliced any important organs or something"

I said, reassuring the male that I would be ok.

To be honest, I didn't had a clue if it was actually true what I just said with the organs but I guess it was like I said, otherwise I wouldn't be alive by now, or would had a hard time to even breath.

But still, I was kinda doing too well for that I just got stabbed in my stomach. I wasn't really sure why, but besides the stinging pain and my heavy legs that made it slightly difficult to walk, I was doing quite alright.

I sighed as I tied the piece of clothing that Aether put around my stomach a little bit tighter before speaking up again.

"We should get going now. It's not safe here"

I sad as Aether just nodded, the concern still written all over his face as he supported me by laying my arm over his shoulder, helping me to walk as it was a little bit difficult in my recent state.

As we left the golden house, dark clouds could be seen all over the sky as heavy rain dropped on our heads.

"Thank you for... saving me back then"

Aether quietly said, only audible for me as I was directly beside the male as Paimon floated a few feet's before, not hearing a single word due to the heavy rain.

I smiled slightly, hoping that Aether didn't thought that it was his fault what happened, as I nodded at his words.

"That's what a friend is there for"

I said as my smile grew the slightest bit of the thoughts of having a friend like Aether and all the other ones that I met so far. I was honestly thankful for the mission given by the Tsaritsa.

I was in my own thoughts again, not noticing the twitch of Aether's lips at the word "friend"

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hello hellooo,

Ok I think the part with Childe in the golden house was the one where I changed the most from the originally plot of the game lol and I also let out a looot of text but I guess it wouldn't be that necessary anyway since I think the most of you were already by that part of the quest and know what if happening anyway ( and it's basically not that important to know the most stuff ).

And I generally am not that big of a fan of writing so much about what the characters said because it's a waste of time when they don't say important stuff I think

But I'm talking so much again xD

Yeahh I hope you enjoyed reading and had / have a good day 🤍

See you hopefully soon <3

~ Author-Chan