〜 chapter 31 〜

As the sun was rising at the next morning again, Aether, Paimon and I already made our way to the northland bank since we got a letter the last evening to come there in the morning. Hopefully Childe found the man he was searching for.

I was really glad that the ginger-head somehow managed to help the traveler out but I wasn't in the mood to walk all around Liyue to the northland bank to be then told that he is recently at Liuli Pavilion.

I just wanted some time off and read the book that Xingqiu recommended me yesterday, short before we parted ways.

"Here, take this. Since you borrowed me your book, I also give you one of mine. We can exchange them again the next time we meet! Hopefully we finished them till then"

The blue-haired boy said and gave me the book he read before.

I was carrying it by me, hoping that I would have some spare time but doubted it anyway.

After one of the Fatui told us about Childes whereabouts, the Liuli Pavilion like mentioned before,  we made our way down the streets again to find the other Harbinger.

Couldn't he just told us in the letter where he was?

But then again, it's Childe that we are talking about after all.

I signed at the Harbinger who somehow always find a way to make things complicated. If he wanted to or not, it was almost every time the case.

After a few minutes, we finally reached our destination and I could already see the ginger-head standing in front of the entrance of the building, seemingly waiting for us to arrive.

"Ah, you made it"

He said as he noticed our presence and smiled brightly at us like always.

"As promised, I have found someone who can help you. Someone who can solve the mystery of why the Liyue Qixing would hide the Geo Archon's vessel"

Childe said, mentioning to the restaurant behind us.

"I took the liberty of setting up a business dinner, as per the Liyue custom. Come on, I introduce you"

The male continued, now opening the door for us to enter.

We entered the building as Childe closed the door behind us again and stepped forward to lead us towards the right table, waving towards the person that was already sitting there.

I looked to me left, to the table, and saw a man with dark ash-brown hair, the tips had the same color as his eyes, a light amber. He was wearing a long dark brown coat with dragon scale patterns and silver shoulder pads.

He had recently a cup of tea in his hands but placed it down on the table again, once he also noticed our arrival and slightly smiled at us.

„Allow me to introduce Mr. Zhongli, consultant to an organization known as Wangshen... and a trusted associate of the Fatui"

Childe introduced the man.

I heard of the name before but never met Zhongli neither informed me any further. I was never really included about the things happening here in Liyue and was more than busy with my work at our hometown to care about that.

Childe had quite the connection to the recruit in Liyue sometimes, so I guess he knew of Mr. Zhongli because of that. Maybe they even met before but I couldn't remember Childe going to this nation before. But that didn't really matter either.

„Associate of the Fatui?"

Aether then asked as he sat down beside me, who was sitting next to Childe.

𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞 || Genshin Impact x (Fem!reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें