chapter twelve

make sure to read the ending card for some new art (of the same thing I always draw, one of them getting hurt because it seems like my favorite thing to draw damn.

~

As soon as I heard the yelling and someone screaming we were under attack, I ran. There was no where I could go besides my room. We didn't have special rooms for when we were under attack because we were a small palace. We knew it would happen one day, as the Castle of the high Daemos Lord would take over. Our army was small, I could only use my magic, because I didn't know how to fight. But my parents didn't let me practice it, they said it was too dangerous.

My spirit followed me into the closet, and I hugged him close to my chest. I was hidden in the corner, and I hoped the clothes would block anyone from seeing me. The dresses were long, almost touching the floor, so I hoped it would be enough. When everything seemed to calm down, you could finally hear my sobs. I tried to stop them, but they were too loud.

I heard footsteps come into my bedroom, and I covered my mouth. "If you find the Princess, I want you to kill her!" I heard from the other room. I made the mistake of leaving my door open.

"Tommy, don't attack..." I said in a whisper. I thought it was quiet, but someone had heard me. Whether it be my sobs or when I spoke, but the clothes ruffled and then they were thrown to the ground. I closed my eyes and held onto Tommy tightly, turning my head away. I knew I was going to be killed, and this was my last few minutes alive, so I tried to think about good things. Like spending time with those I loved, speaking with Tommy in the late hours of the night, and such.

I looked up and saw a tall blue horned Daemos, who looked at me with a blank expression. I smiled, but he swung his sword down and slashed me across the throat, easily being able to manipulate his sword to hit me perfectly. I held onto my throat and felt the purple blood flow out, and before I went, I saw Tommy try to attack, but he was killed too.

"I've done it, Prince Asch," he said before leaving me to die, which happened a few seconds after.

I gasped and sat up. I looked around the room, sighing when I found I was in my room at my apartment. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, I could hear slight conversation in the hallway. "Love, are you okay?" I heard a voice say in a very groggy morning tone.

"Oh, thank god Pierce, I had a nightmare and-" I turned to look at who I was talking to. It was Tommy. I gulped and he sat up.

"Y/n, why did you call me Pierce?" he asked. I couldn't respond. "Baby, you need to get over him. He's dead." I felt my heart drop as I soon got a flashback of Pierce being stabbed. My eyes widened, and Tommy tried to put his arm around my waist, but I swiftly moved away from him and got up.

I went into the bathroom to look for the ring, the one in my makeup bag, but it wasn't there. I poured everything onto the bathroom floor and looked in every crevice, but I couldn't find it. The Spirit came to the bathroom door. I looked up at him, "Did you steal my ring again?"

This time, he was the one with the shocked face. His eyes filled with anger and he turned around. "Why are you acting so weird.. He's dead Y/n! He's dead..."

My breath picked up and I stood from the bathroom floor, taking myself to the front door and leaving. I walked through the apartment and down a floor, walking to Mrs. Oates's place. I knocked on the door and I was met with Jake. "Oh, Y/n.." he had tears in his eyes. I peeked past him and saw the body of Mrs. Oates on the ground, being covered up by paramedics.

Tears swelled up into my eyes, and I turned away. "Y/n!" Jake tried calling for me, but I walked to the elevator. I pressed the bottom floor, and when the doors opened ad I stepped out, I looked up to find I was no longer in the apartment, but I was in Daemos. I looked around, and when everything came to my senses, I was holding a sword and was faced with a rebel. He was running towards me, and before I could react, I was pushed out of the way.