twenty-one: party guessed

Start from the beginning

"It was my birth mothers," Kennedy explained, sitting on Lydia's bed. Lydia knew, of course, that Kennedy was adopted, and was related to Derek. But she didn't know much more. The strawberry blond looked up. "My mom would always tell me diamonds are a girls best friend, and well, you're my diamond." Lydia smiles softly.

"That was horribly cliche." Said the Martin. "Thank you, Kennedy,"

Later that day, Lydia had dragged Kennedy on a shopping spree, before the two eventually got to Allison's house. As far as Kennedy knew, Chris had kept her identity between him and Allison, not even Victoria knew. So, as far as Kennedy could tell, she was safe for the time being.

Lydia swung open Allison's bedroom door, holding up Macey's bags. "Clear your schedule. This could take a while."

Allison stood up slowly, "How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" She asked the Martin.

Lydia shrugged. "It's my birthday party." She chirped. "I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then," She hummed in thought. Kennedy spoke up, leaning on the Martin.

"After hours casual." The brunette added.

Allison nodded as she looked at her friends. "I noticed that you didn't send out any invites."

"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows." Lydia explained.

Allison shrugged, "I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different." She said slowly. Kennedy looked up in question, wondering what Allison meant.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia asked. Allison awkwardly looked at Kennedy, who slowly shook her head.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately. Things and people." Allison explained. "Like Jackson."

Lydia turns her head, raising a brow. "What do you care about Jackson?"

Allison glanced at Kennedy one more time. "Do you know if he's coming tonight?" She asked. Kennedy leaned by the closet, her lips pressed into a thin line.

"Everyone's coming." Lydia chimed, looking down at a champagne pink dress. "This one's American rag. I love it." Lydia looked up, "For me, not you." She then picks up a floral patterned dress that was in shades of brown, pinks, oranges, and yellows. "This one's material girl. It's for you." She told Allison. Victoria walked in, leaning against the door with a smile. "Ms. Argent. What do you think of this one?" Lydia asked as she held. up a blue dress.

"Oh, it's lovely." Victoria said to the Martin. "Allison, uh, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us."

Allison looked at her mom, "Um, can we do it later?"

"Actually, uh, to be honest, sooner would be, would be better." Kennedy watched Victoria reach up to her shoulder.

Kennedy spoke up, "Party's at 10:00." She chirped.

"Um, will you be around before then?"

"I think so."

Victoria rose a brow. "You think so."

Allison turned to her mom. "I don't know."

Victoria watched as Kennedy turned to Allison. "You need a slip," The Stallard said. "Oh, I guess that black one would fit." Kennedy pointed to something by Lydia.

Lydia held it up, giggling. "No, it's too much."

Allison looked down at the dress. "I think I like it."

"You like it?" Lydia asked. Victoria walked towards the door.

The young Argent nodded. "Yeah, no, I do." She said. "Happy Birthday."