Rogue took a sharp knife from the air as it passed her and used that to cut the sandwich. All this had been watched very carefully by Remy as he continued to eat his stolen sandwich.
"Dhat a handy trick." He commented as Rogue dropped the two dirty knives in the sink to her left and then nudged the cutlery drawer shut with her hip.
"Yeah. Guess the fact Magnerto tried to kill me has one advantage." She muttered darkly. Remy's eyes widened in surprise at Rogue's words and tone and it didn't go unnoticed by her. She gave a tired sigh and her shoulders sagged as though burdened by a heavy weight. "Ah'm sorry. Ah'm just a little stressed. Hasn't exactly been the best coupla days ever." She apologised, offering a forced smile.
"Solitary startin' to get to you hmm?" Remy guessed sympathetically.
"It's just so borin' and being so bored is so frustratin'. Ah think Ah'd actually have prefered the Professor's idea of talkin' 'bout stuff but he had to go and cave in to Logan's stupid solitary idea." She moaned as she put away the jars she had got out. "Ah trahd callin' ya a few tahmes but ya phone was always off." She added, turning her head to look at him.
"Yeah...Remy was in Louisiana. Didn' really wanna be disturbed you know?" He told her solemnly.

Rogue stopped her movements and switched her full focus onto her friend.
"You were in Louisiana?...How'd it go?" She inquired gently.
"Not so good. Wen' to find ou' facts more dhen anyt'in' but Remy found dhat even dhey were hard to find." He murmured, sounding disappointed. "Got a look at dhe headquarters dhough and you're right chere, no way is Remy gettin' in dhere by himself."
"We could go together, right now." Rogue offered half heartedly. She wanted to help but her helping meant leaving the school and that would probably mean more punishment. She didn't like that but she didn't like Remy being so sad even more.
"Non chere. Remy not gon' get you into anymore trouble by making you sneak ou'." He told her stubbornly. "Jean Luc in no immediate danger. He's jus' dhe bait to get Remy over dhere. Dhere's no immediate rush." He continued, his words casual and relaxed but his tone betrayed him by sounding worried.
"Well, that's something at least." Rogue encouraged, not really knowing what else to say.
"Hmm..." Remy merely hummed in reply.

Rogue watched his for long expression sadly and found that the irrisistable urge to hug him was rapidly creeping up on her. Would it be wise to give in to that urge though? It might be mistaken as a romantic gesture, which although she would like it to be, it couldn't be. She wouldn't allow Remy to get himself involved with her that way. She couldn't touch after all. What sort of relationship can you have if you can't touch?...
Well, there was that scarf she bought...
No, it wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be a good idea...But surely giving him a hug wouldn't be so bad right? Just an innocent, friendly hug. Nothing romantic, nothing overly intimate. Just a friendly hug between friends. Because that's what they were. They were friends...
But it could be so much more...
No it couldn't! She can't touch and therefore can not have a normal relationship.

After she was satisfied that she had completely convinced herself that it was the truth, Rogue put her sandwich down and moved a little closer to Remy. She ignored the little voice inside asking why she was so nervous if it was nothing but a friendly hug and slowly slipped her arms around his waist...
"See, this is fahne. A simple, comforting hug. Plenty of layers in between and absolutely nothing romantic abaht it. Totally safe. Nothing to worry abaht. Okay, he just put his arms arahnd mah waist but that's normal. It's just a sahgn that he ain't uncomfortable and that's good. Good to know he's feeling comfortable...Erm, did he just tighten his hold or was that mah imagination? Not that Ah'm payin' that much attention to the situation of course 'cause Ah'm completely at ease. Ah'm totally fahne with the entire situation...Even though his head is restin' on mah shoulder! Oh Ghad, Ah can feel him breathin' on mah neck!
Hmm, that actually feels kinda nahce...
No! This is not nahce! It's bad! Very bad! He's too close. Something's gonna happen and Ah'll have an unconcious Cajun to explain to Logan and the others when they get back. Gotta think of a reason to pull away...
He's so warm though and he smells so gooooood...
No, gotta stop thinkin' lahke that. Those thoughts are not gonna help the situation! Focus on an excuse. Any excuse...
Do Ah really have to pull away though? He obviously knows the risks. He'll be careful........
Nope! Sorry, can't take that chance. Can't...Wait...Is he?...He's not...Oh crap! He's started nuzzling! He's nuzzling mah neck...Hey, did Ah just hear someone sigh? Was that me? Did Ah just sigh! Gahd, this is so embarrassing!
But good.