Chapter 6 - the tribute centre

The training centre/tribute centre is designed purely for the tributes before they enter the games. Each district gets a floor.
We get into the elevator up to the training centre with the whole team, the ride up is awkward and silent. I think everybody realised that district 12 totally outshone us in that parade and nobody wants to be the first to mention it.
It's quite cramped with all 11 (Catos prep team make the other 3) of us on it, and I can smell the alcohol on Enobaria and Brutus' breath. I wonder what all the mentors were talking about together, they must missed the parade. It was being broadcast live but mostly the captiol people were crowded around that TV in that stable.

Nimit presses the button 2 the floor, you stay on is the number of your district, the ride is short as we're not high up at all. The elevator is see through crystal and would've been an enjoyable ride, if I wasn't still angered by the parade.

We walk into the room. It's mostly a marron colour. It seems to be a roccuring theme for our district, the colour of blood. a long coner sofa is faced twords a massive TV and oval coffee table with soft carpets and patterned walls as soon as you walk in .then down a single step there's a massive glass table laid out for several people. A massive crystal chadilier hangs over the top. The whole apartment it about the same size as my bungalow but this is a lot less crowded, the ceilings are higher, it's way more vibrant, rich and it doesn't even have a kitchen it's all open plan except 5 rooms: two for the tributes, two for the mentors and one for the Escort.

We all walk immediately into our rooms. Well everyone who has a room except Nimit who joins the prep teams on the sofa, putting on the replays watching each tribute and praising and ridiculing there competitions design, clapping at the screen though the parade was over and they'd seen it all before. Capitol people are weird. But then again I can't talk I've watched re-runs of the games about 100 times. 

I walk into my room there is a king bed with multiple pillows and a massive duvet in the centre, there are two bedside tables with lamps you just have to touch and they light up. I would look around more but I really need to get this armour off me. I walk into the tiled bathroom, there's a basket beside the shower which I assume is for clothes. I take off the headpiece placing it in the basket then unlace my boots, putting them beside it, I unhook the skirt from the vest how I watched them put it on, and the skirt falls to the floor not supporting it's own weight, the weight of chainmail and gold are heavy and my arms are tired so I don't bother picking it up and putting it in the basket. The vest comes of in two halves undoing the front and the back, lastly i untie my hair. Everything feels so much lighter now. I just stand for a minute, happy the weight is off me.

The showers even bigger than the one on the train. It had more buttons with options on how the water sprayed and the temperature. I pick a vanilla scent this time. Putting my face into the shower I let the makeup melt away and watch the gold flakes fall down the drain. I spend around half an hour in the shower pressing all the buttons and allowing the shower to wash me without effort. When I turn it off I expect it to dry me like it did on the train. I'm disappointed it doesn't. but then I step on the mat just outside the shower door which sends a warm sensation through my body and I realise I'm dry. It was much more pleasant then the gas chamber on the train I suppose.

I run my fingers through my hair it's perfectly straight and soft. Most of me is itching to get in the games, but some of me whishes I could stay here in this magnificent room forever. I walk through into the bedroom, and immediately notice there are tons of people walking around below me I jump for cover hoping none of them saw me, then laugh at my own stupidity when I realise the window would have to be facing twords the apartment if it was actually real, it's just a screen. A very realistic screen but a screen all the same. I walk over to it and tap it, it transforms into a grassy meadow, with wildflower scattered all over it. I tap it again, and it changes again into crashing waves. I don't like the sea, why would I? I can't swim. I really hope the arena is land based. I click it again and it turns into a dusty mountain range like home.