Chapter 4 - last day on the train

We all talk about the tributes a little longer, we discuss the angles they will play to the camera, and who actually stands a chance. This is the first time we have talked to each other really. Talking about this gave me a feeling of longing to be in the games, to show I can, I'm not the weak one, I saw only two tributes smaller than me, the boy from 4 and the girl from 11. District 11 had a 12 year old this year. This means I have to do everything to make sure I'm not labelled as 'cute' I shudder at the thought. I'm sure the little girl from 11 will play that angle. I'm pretty sure I look threatening.

"We all better get some sleep" Nimit had hardly said a word this entire time, knowing she had next to no knowledge of the games compared to us. The capitol watch the games. District 2 analyse the games, centre there lives around them, and Enobria and Brutus have lived the games.

Brutus looks at the time and nods
"Yeah big day tommorw" he grunts before leaving the room to head to his own compartment .Enobria flashes a fanged smile before leaving as well.

"Up up" Nimit fans her hands shooing us off to bed.

Cato holds his hands up in surrender and smiles before leaving to his room. I follow closely after, moving to my own room, there's a huge selection of night gowns and night clothes in the draws. I look into the mirror and brush out my hair, twisting it into a high bun on top of my head. I can't miss a day of working out, especially after all the rich foods I ate today, I lay on the floor, 50 sits ups, 100 they're still coming easy to I move to push ups agin getting easily to one hundred, I move back to sit ups I go for what seems like ages, I'm sweating and panting like a dog, it's a good sort of pain though. A pain that means I'm getting stronger.

I hear a knock on my door, but it's not the urgent taps of Nimits knock. I stand up. Suddenly my eyes go blank and I stumble grabbing on to a dresser before continuing to the door. I open it to see Cato standing there. He hasn't changed into Night clothes yet etheir.

"I thought you might be asleep" he mumbles scratching the top of his head

I look at the clock it's half 12, I've been working out for 2 hours

"You look terrible" he says

On that I go to close the door on him why is he here anyways? I'm going to kill him. But he shoves his foot between the door and frame pushing himself into my room. He moves over and sits on my bed. I turn to face him with my arms crossed.

"It's exciting isn't it? Finally being in the games?" I don't answer "I was shocked when you volunteered, I mean the last time I saw you, you probably weren't strong enough to squash a fly"

I brush this off

I finally speak "What did you say to Brutus and Enobria earlier?"

He shrugs he shoulders and pats the side of my bed signalling for me to sit. I do so but on the opposite side so we aren't close
Why won't he tell me what he said to them?

"Do you even remember me?" There's a slight anger in his voice. This time I just shrug knowing full well I do remember him. I think he knows that I know too

"I never stopped going to that hill you know" he looks into the distance talking to no one.

"And I never stopped eating berries" I didn't expect to say that. But it catches his attention and he smiles.

"I thought you might've died or something" he shrugs "but then I saw you at the table eating everything and thought you got better, but then you refused the best things, you haven't got better, well maybe a little, only a mad women would refuse that cake, to be honest you looked phycotic at the reaping. I would be almost scared if I didn't know any better." He says