Chapter 5- re-make centre /parade

I sit on a sterile chair in the re-make centre, this place is cleaner than twos hospitals, the chair is a blue leather, I had to change out of my fancy clothes into a thin blue robe, I sit there the room was cold and desolate, there was no decoration. It wasn't a typical over the top capitol room.

The door swings open and a gaggle of weirdly dressed people fly in. On grabs my face moving it left and right the over peels my gown off, talking to each other at such a high speed I have no idea what's going on, except my naked body is lying on a cold leather whilst 3 extravagantly dressed people talk in such a way it feels like a different language. They stop for a second. Rolling over a trolly full of weird parchments, wax, scissors they look like tourture devices.

I get a good look at them , the prep team, they each seem to have different colour themes yellow, pink and blue. What shocks me the most is the pink one he even has pink dyed skin. The most normal looking is the blue one. And his no where near casual, he wears a sequin top hat covering his blue sleek hair, he has extavargent make up and feathers connected to his eyelids,they flutter when he blinks.the yellow one has so many face pericings in I thought  her whole face would drop off. They all seem to be wearing the same bedazzled 3 pice suit in their colours . I guess this is signifying they are a team.

They each come over and excitedly shake my hand pulling it so hard my arm feels like it might fall off. The blue on introduces himself as Desmond, he's the stylist he stands and watches as yellow (petunia) and pink (jayus). Work on me.

They lay the wax on my skin taking off any body hair I have, then they go up to my face, I'm slightly scared there going to take off my eyebrows, but they just shape around them. It's painful but not as bad as fights at the academy, talking about the academy, it has left me with several bruises and scars, pink and yellow dart around my body covering up any bruise I might have. And when they're satisfied with my skin they move to my nails cutting them into shape. After they've done they rub ointment onto my body. Soothing the shade of red brought on by the waxing.

It's Desmond's turn now, I've seen him before. His old but he tries to look young. I'd seen him work his way from styling 12 to us. His been with district 2 for over 10 years now. I trust him to create an impression. To get me sponsors, my skill alone won't keep me alive. I know that.

He tells me to stand I obey and I instinctively go to cover my body with my hands hating the vulnerability. He mutters something to himself then hands me the gown. And beckons me to follow him through a door on the other side of the room. There is a table set with again a variety of lunch foods. Pink and Yellow (I already forgot there names again, they're unimportant anyway) are already eating and chatting to Enobria on the other side of the table. The room is small and has one long panel window showing cars and pedestrians walking along. I don't think they can see in. Otherwise there would be cameras pointing up and you never see this process on the TV. I bet my parents are sitting watching it now, waiting for their daughter to come on screen. The commentators will probably be talking now. The room is mostly taken up by a wooden table, connected to two purple plush benches on etheir side. Desmond slid in next to yellow. So I sat next to Enobria; Brutus must be with Cato.

When I sit Enobria grabs a plate and puts it in front of me using the tongs to fill my plate the same as hers. I don't normally eat lunch. Looking at it makes my stomach turn.

"I'm not hungry" it's a lie but the automatic response comes all the same

"I don't care" Enobria

I could argue further but I don't bother eating slowly this is the first time I really hear Desmond speak. He speaks weird. It must be a trend, this isn't a normal captiol accent. He adds in extra zeds and makes letters seem harsher than the should be.