Chapter Five

Mind Planet
All Rights Reserved
© 2021 May Dahlia.

Word Count: 1620 Words

VERSION 2.0 {Iykyk}

~•~•~•~

    "I'm not going to ask how you found me. What are you doing here Lycian?" she asked with a blank expression, The two had always shared a common dislike for one another as well as respect for the other, but at that moment; where the only thing she had time to think about was getting as far away from the woman who sought to have her head on rocks as possible, she couldn't really bring herself to pay any regards to the man's reputation.

    "You're going to hate me Naomi but I only did this because I knew I didn't have a choice." Lycian said, his eyes filled with something she couldn't quite recognize. It was a familiar look and she was instantly thrown back to the first time she had seen it.

    They had been on a mission in Ghadistern, a few weeks after meeting for the first time and the agreement in the team was that if the mission was complete and a team member fell behind, they had to move forward. Naomi messed up and she was so sure she was at the end of the rope that she didn't even hope for anyone to come into the lion's den to save her. She was as ready to die as anyone that night, having made peace with the fact that she wouldn't have chosen a different path in life whether or not her parents had been alive.

    He had been the one to go back for her that day and although she didn't know why or what to think about his heroic move, the look she had seen in his eyes that night was one she could never forget.

    She was about to question his tone when he said what he said but she didn't get the chance. She heard the sound of a dart piercing through the air at almost the speed of light and she could be fast enough. Two of her fingers encircled the tranquilizer dart just as it pierced her skin and she yanked it out with half the dosage still remaining in the clear bottle of a neon orange coloured liquid. She wasn't able to tell much about the liquid just by looking at it but one thing was clear and that was the large concentration of narimic sedatives in it.

    It didn't matter that she had stopped half of it from getting into her system because, in no more than five minutes, she wouldn't be awake enough to care.

    With a sigh, she let her already heavy body slide down to the ground then she adjusted herself to a seating position against the wall and looked up at the cause of her demise. She should have seen the act coming a mile away but she was distracted by Nathan's state. She had no energy left to be mad at Lycian for his betrayal because the truth was that it wasn't a betrayal. They hadn't contacted each other in months, much less being friends; all he was was a stranger doing what he needed to do to get along.

    Before she was taken to the place she despised most in the world, where she was sure they would do unspeakable things to her, she just wanted to know what had made him do it, what had made him betray his own code of honour and ruin the reputation it had taken so much to build.