Chapter Two

Mind Planet
All Rights Reserved
© 2021 May Dahlia.

Word Count: 2360 words

8 Years Later

~•~•~•~

    Naomi let out a breath in the purest expression of boredom as she stared at the paper-like screen where the ATD News was being broadcasted live from Dirveena. The country had been the epicenter of attacks for longer than any other country in Zuerst so it was basically all that they talked about at all times of the day.

    Naomi could still recall the times when journalists were free to report all types of news and get deep into other people's research for their content. She had considered the news worth watching back then and even though she had stopped being a fan of them long before, she could at least say they had a job that they were doing well.

    But two years prior to the one she lived miserably in, there was conspiracy theory brought about by the government that the freedom of the press was the reason they were unable to complete tasks that they needed to keep hidden for national security and protests arose.

    Many, including her, knew the truth of what had truly been going on at the time and some tried all they could to stop the sanctioning of the press while others like her went about their daily lives without a care for things that didn't affect their means of earning. The majority voted for the sanctioning and not long after the law was passed, the people began to realize what they had brought upon themselves.

   Journalists and news reporters were required under all state laws to run all their works, consisting of but not limited to their video and audio recordings, written or acquired statements, written and/or documented articles, by the military before they were permitted to publish. The sanctioning resulted in the speed of information flow being drastically lessened and inaccurate or inadequate information being provided.

    While others lamented on their foolishness or expressed their anger at the foolishness of others regarding the issue, Naomi found sadistic pleasure in watching the world pay for the limited mindsets. She wasn't completely against the sanctioning because it limited those who wrote simply to unfairly criticize the government but the reason it was so funny to her was the simple fact that no one had been the cause but them and so the people had no one but themselves to blame.

    Deciding not to think any more on the topic of the foolishness of mankind and its inability to accept the responsibilities, she turned away from the TV to find her only friend on the small planet coming towards her with a tray in his hand.

She coughed out a laugh when she realized that he was dressed from head to toe in sun yellow, bright orange, and magenta pink. In secret, the three colours represented all the things she appreciated the most about nature and they constituted a majority of her palette of favourite colours. Whereas, in the open, she was a gothic, emotionless person, a persona she was forced to adopt as a means of survival in the terrible world she lived in.