Chapter Four

Mind Planet
All Rights Reserved
© 2021 May Dahlia.

Word Count: 1700 words

VERSION 2.0 {Iykyk}

~•~•~•~

    Tiana Monrovia was the very definition of an overachiever. At only thirty-three years old, she had managed to accomplish much more than any other woman her age, living within the borders of Halinchi. She had joined the navy a few years after graduating from an Ivy League college in the Stritynes and there hadn't been a maladroit day in her life since then.

    Her story was quite touching to those who bothered to listen with an emotional quotient capable of causing them to care about another person other than themselves. After being maltreated in a government-owned orphanage, she made it her point of duty to ensure no other child went through the same injustice she had suffered through.

    Unlike most others who had been brought up by society to think the way they did, Tiana didn't grow a heart of ice from her experience and instead worked hard to build up her ranks in the military until she reached the position where she could really say she was making a difference in the way justice was being served. She was able to oversee projects, bring down countless criminals and have them put to death or imprisoned for life and the more she did, the more she posed as a threat to people who only cared for their own tails and no one else's, people like Naomi Vandeyrin.

    So at that moment when Naomi could clearly see all that was on the line, she couldn't help the terrified feeling that seeped into her veins as soon as she got onto her overdrive and the woman's face appeared on her screen. She was relieved to know she was still in control of her vehicle despite being hacked and most likely tracked with whatever malware they had managed to develop stronger than her firewall but it didn't make her worry any less when the woman, the legend, the lioness of catching prey like her was smiling at her through the screen with a certainty in her eyes that Naomi had finally met her match.

    Although confident about making it out that day, Naomi could not be sure how long she would last before she would be on headlines as one the marked. Tiana was a skilled hunter, intellectual, and very cunning when it came to catching prey and she had taken down the worst of the worst so it was no wonder she was so worried, she didn't notice she was speeding too fast until a speed cop joined her tail.

    The woman on her screen seemed satisfied enough with spooking her with her appearance alone so the screen went dark and Naomi was left to bite her lips in anticipation of what was to come. There were no military vehicles behind, no drones tracking her overhead movements and her vehicle was officially free of the malware she had detected when she first got on it. She wasn't sure whether to be relieved that the woman was underestimating her intelligence or extremely bothered by the fact that the woman could so easily underestimate her intelligence like she knew something Naomi didn't, but one thing was for sure; she would be out of the country before she got caught and if she wasn't, she would take every single military official she had gotten dirt on down with her.