Chapter One

Mind Planet
All Rights Reserved
© 2021 May Dahlia.

Word Count: 1400 words

CHAOS

~•~•~•~

    Somewhere on the west coast of the Mavelik ocean, a teacher stood in front of her students for the first time in two months after being rendered immobile by an accident. She was more than happy to be back but she had no idea what she had walked into after the seemingly short period of time.

    She had been unable to keep up with the news due to her state of health but she never could have imagined the number of changes that could be made to science to pronounce her twelve years' worth of advanced knowledge annul.

    "Okay students, we're going to continue from scientific laws. Has anyone read ahead of the class on the laws and equations of motion?" she asked, setting up her computer with the class projector then turning to face the class once again. Glad to find one of her students' hand up, she called on her then encouraged her to come to the front of the class.

    The young girl whose dream had always been to become a research analyst was named Naomi and although she said only the truth, her words became the very thing that shattered a woman's career.

    Naomi could remember exactly what she had heard the news reporter say and in a much smaller voice, common to children her age, she repeated it.

    "In recent news, a female student of 19 years of age was knocked off the balcony of a school building by two other malicious young girls. On falling over, Melissa stated that she neither felt the force of gravity sending her downwards such that she landed on her two feet nor did she feel the pain of landing from the height she had fallen. Then the strangest thing happened because she took a step forward and up until this day, she has not walked on the ground again and has instead, being floating, in other words; drifting from one location to the other."

    "This as we know is a complete defiance of the law of gravity and motion and it has been a cause for concern amongst many scientists around the globe as they work around the clock to determine the extent to which the equation of gravity and motion have been altered."

    "As I speak, I am standing in front of the headquarters of IUPAS where a series of tests have been conducted continuously over the course of two weeks and as of today; the 21st of January, K41E6, the law of gravity, motion, and force and acceleration have now been rendered null and void."

    "This is sure to create a massive set back in the educational system but one can only hope that the fast-developing technology will be successful in taking the future of our planet which is the children along with it. Stay tuned for more info after the short break."

    Just as she finished talking, the bell rang to signify the end of the class but that wasn't the only thing it meant to Naomi and the twenty-three other young minds seated in the classroom because as soon as the class was over, Naomi's favourite teacher; Mrs. Donna, slumped on her chair and not long after, a medical team rushed to her aid as per the request made by a teacher who had noticed what happened.