Only the Good Die Young

At McKinely In The Choir Room

Everyone was in the choir room for a lesson but Finn says something. "Mr. Shue? I have something to say." Finn said to him while walking to the front. "Something happened to me, and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core." Finn said to them. "Oh, my God, he's coming out." Puck said to everyone. "Wait what?" Sebastian said looking at Finn. "Why, yes, there is a man who's sort of recently come into my life, and that man is Jesus Christ." Finn said to them. "That's way worse." Puck said to them. "And I know there's others in here who dig him, too." Finn said looking at Quinn who smiles at him. "And so I thought, maybe this week, we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus." Finn said to them. "Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science." Kurt said to him. "He is not wrong." Jesse said to Finn knowing the feel when her family goes to church and people will look at her brothers. "I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here." Mercedes said to them. "I agree. I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks." Quinn said to them. "Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?" Santana asks her. "Whenever I pray, I fall asleep." Brittany said to them. "Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We could do songs about spirituality." Will said to them making Puck roll his eyes. "You got a problem with Jesus?" Finn asks him. "Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one Heb. What I don't like seeing is people using J-money to cramp everybody else's style, 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality or whatever you want to call it is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I mean, I see God every time I make out with a new chick." Puck said to them. "Okay, okay, that doesn't make any sense. In fact, it's stupid." Rachel said to him. "Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" Puck asks her making Rachel look away. "At this time, I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists." Puck said to them while he walks to the front as Finn sits down next to Quinn. "Oh please no." Kurt said to himself making Jamey look at him. "Hit it." Puck said to the band and they start playing.

Puck
Come out Virginia
Don't let me wait
You Catholic girls
Start much too late
Oh but sooner or later
It comes down to fate

Puck leans to Jesse and sings to her.

Puck
I might as well be the one

Puck sings making Jesse laugh at him.

Puck
Well, they showed you a statue
Told you to pray
They built you a

Everyone starts dancing enjoying the song but Kurt.

Puck
Temple and locked you away
Oh, but they never
Told you the price that you pay
For things that you might have done.....

Puck walks over to Sebastian and nods for him a join him.

Puck and Sebastian
Only the good die young

Sebastian stands up and stands next to Puck.

Puck 
That's what I said

Puck and Sebasian
Only the good die young

Sebastian walks over to the guitars and hands one to Puck and the two start playing.

Puck and Sebastian
You might have heard
I run with a dangerous crowd
We ain't too pretty we ain't too proud
We might be laughing a bit too loud
Aw, But that never hurt no one

Sam walks past the choir room to see them singing.

Puck and Sebastian
So come on Virginia
Show me a sign
I'll send up a signal and
I'll throw you the line
The stained-glass curtain
You're hiding behind
Never lets in the sun

Puck and Sebastian sing while looking at each other.

Puck and Sebastian (Puck)
Darlin' only the good die young (Woah)
I tell ya only the good die young
Only the good die young

Puck walks over to Quinn and Finn.

Puck
You got a nice white dress and
A party on your confirmation
You got a brand new soul
Ooh, And a cross of gold

Santana takes Jesse's hand and pulls her to the front and the two start dancing with each other.

Sebastian (Puck)
But Virginia they
Didn't give you quite enough information
You didn't count on me
When you were counting on your rosary (Woah oh woah)

Sam leans on the doorway and watches them as everyone walks to the front to dance but Kurt walks to an office chair and sits down.

Puck and Sebastian
They say there's a heaven
For those who will wait
Some say it's better
But I say it ain't

Jesse walks over to Kurt and she takes his hand and pulls him to the others who were dancing to the song.

Puck and Sebastian
I'd rather laugh with
The sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun...

You know that
Only the good die young
That's what I said
I tell ya' only the good die young
Only the good die young

Jesse spins with Kurt's hand and she spins him to Jamey. 

Sebastian (Puck)
Well your mother
Told you all that
I could give you was a reputation
Oh, she never cared for me
But did she ever
Say a prayer for me?
(Oh woah woah)

Jamey puts his hands on Kurt's cheeks and gives him a kiss on the forehead.

Sebastian and Puck
Come out come out come out
Virgina don't let me wait
You Catholic girls
Start much too late
Sooner or later
It comes down to fate

Jamey spins Kurt around making Kurt laugh a little.

Sebastian and Puck
I might as well be the one,
You know that
Only the good die young
I'm telling you baby
You know that
Only the good die young

Only the good
Only the good die young

The song ends, and everyone cheers while laughing at the end. Sam looks at Sebastian who gives Puck a high five and then hugs his sister with a big smile. Sam sighs and he walks away while the Glee Club cheer for the two.