39

Y/n POV:

Today was the day of the Yule ball. Although I didn't have a date I was still excited, Adrian and Cedric were finally gonna make their relationship public, I was happy for them.
I was currently walking in hogesmade, looking in the shops, letting time go by. I walked into Honeydukes that was surprisingly not crowded. Only about five students were in; As I walked in I smelled the newly made chocolate, I decided I should probably get a few bars for my uncle.

"Mars bars?"

I turned my head to see Fred behind me. "Aren't those muggle candies?" He asked, I nodded. "Surprised there even here." I said looking at the shelf. He cleared his throat, I turned to him. "Did you, uh, find a date?" He asked. "Nope. You?" He shook his head. "Well then." I said, grabbing two Mars bars. "I must get going then, I'm supposed to help Angelina get ready." I told him, trying to walk past him. He held my arm, "Yes?" I asked. "Angelina can wait, let's hang out." He said with a warm smile. I thought about it, the ball wasn't for another couple hours so I had time. "You know what? Sure." I replied. He gave a relieved smile and let his hand drop.

"Let me go pay and I'll be back." I told him. He nodded and grabbed a few chocolate frogs for himself. I got up to the register and saw Fred came up behind me. "I can pay for those if you want." I said. "No, no, I'm perfectly fine paying for myself." He replied. "Alright." I said putting the two Mars bars on the table. I paid for the bars and waited at the door for Fred. I saw the person at the register was telling him something that made him frown, I walked up next to him. "Your short two sickles kid." They told Fred. "Oh, sorry, I um- let me look." He said, he started digging in his pocket before sighing. "Here." I said putting two sickles on the table, Fred looked at me. "Y/n, you don't need to." He said, "I already did." I replied. The worker smiled while giving Fred the bag, "She's a keeper." They said. "Have a nice day." I told them.
Fred's cheeks went a light red, as we walked out. "Thanks." He said. "No problem." I replied.

"So where do you wanna go?" He asked. I shrugged, "Wanna get a butterbeer?" He asked again. "Sure." I replied, "Oh wait-" I smiled. "I'll pay." I assured him, he sighed. "You can't keep on lying for me, you know?" He told me. "I don't mind." I replied. "Alright." He mumbled.

We both walked into the building. "Freddie!" We looked to see Hannah. "Not this bitch again." He mumbled underneath his breath. I tried my best not to snicker as she frowned at him. "She's been trying to get back together ever since the first task." He sighed, sitting down across from me. I looked over to see Hannah huff and walk out, her 'minions' following.

Me and Fred talked for a while before ordering our drinks, "How's your dad?" He asked. "Good actually. I got a letter from him a couple days ago, he asked if I wanted to move in with him. And my uncle might stay too." I told him. He smiled, "That's great Y/n! You'll finally get to live with him, and your uncle of course." He exclaimed. I smiled, He chuckled a little. "You know. I-I always thought your uncle and dad were dating." He said. "I thought I was the only one!" I exclaimed.

Fred POV:

God she was beautiful. The way she smiled, I could watch for days. "I'm gonna have to ask my dad when I see him." She said. "When you find out, write to me." I told her. "Of course." She replied. "Y/n?"
I looked to my left to see a boy from Durmstrang, she smiled at him. Did they even know each other? "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me?" He asked. Asshole, he probably didn't even know her last name. She thought about it, "I'm sorry, i already have a date." She told him. A date? She told me she was going alone, I was confused but watched. "Is it him?" He asked, referring to me. She shook her head. "It's someone else, sorry." She said again. The boy bit the inside of his cheek and walked away towards another girl.