34

Y/n POV

It was now the day before the first task. I was in the library with Cedric and Adrian reading books about the past tournaments, and what has happened. "I can't take it! My brain is gonna explode if I keep reading!" Cedric exclaimed slamming his book shut. "It's only been five minutes." Adrian informed not looking away from his book. I snickered as I grabbed another book.

"It's not that bad Ced." I said sitting down. "You try it then." He replied, his head in his arms. I rolled my arms, "Ten more minutes, then we can be done." Adrian told him. Cedrics head shut up and opened his book. "It's upside down." I told him. "Oh. Right!" He said happily, flipping it over. Adrian smiled and kept reading his book. "Look!" He suddenly said, me and Adrian looked over to Cedric book. "Dragons!" Adrian exclaimed. "I know, cool right?" Cedric asked. "No not cool." Adrian replied. "Oh." Cedric said quietly. "Anyways here what happened to Draco?" Cedric asked us.

"No, what happened this time?" Adrian asked. "He was harassing Harry I guess and Professor Moody turned him into a ferret." I laughed, Adrian was trying to hold back his laughter. "Serves the little shit right." I said. Cedric chuckled.

Adrian ended up studying with Cedric for a whole hour instead of ten minutes while I went to go help Harry.

"How's it going chosen one?" I asked, looking over his shoulder. "Good." He said with a smile. "Potter!" We turned and saw Draco with his friends. "What are you doing here ferret? I thought you couldn't read!" I yelled back. He scoffed and walked over to us, "Malfoy." Harry spat. "Like the badge?" He asked, pointing to a badge that said 'Potter stinks'. "Which first year did you pay to make that?" I asked. Draco glared at me, "I'm fact Black, I made this myself!" He said proudly. "Uh-huh." He rolled his eyes and walked off with his 'minions'.

"How many times do you think he bleaches his hair?" I asked.

(Time skip)

I walked walking in the corridors when I bumped into George. "Oh hey George." I said happily. "Miss Black." He replied. "So now your being formal?" I asked, "No. But after a few detentions Mum sent a letter saying how I have to start 'respecting' people." He answered. I snickered. "You try doing it." He said, "You could learn a lot." He added. I shoved him, "Piss off." He laughed and came back up to my side. "Where'd everyone go?" He asked. "Shit! We're gonna be late." I blurted, looking around.

He suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me into a broom closet. "What?" I asked, he covered my mouth. "Filch." He said quietly. I moved his hand off and looked at him. "You mad at Fred still?" I whispered, "Yea. I want you to do something to get him mad, like revenge or something." He replied. "Like what?" I asked. "Make him jealous." He told me. "I know a few people who like you." He added, "George I don't wanna use someone." I told him. "What about respecting people?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, opening the door. We walked out and went up to the Gryffindor common room. "Come on, don't you wanna make him jealous?" George asked, "Of course I do." I said, sitting down on the couch. "But I don't need a guy to make him jealous. Him not having me is already making him jealous and full of regret. I'm a independent women, I don't need him." George smiled. "This. This confidence is what we need!" He exclaimed.

***

Today was the day of the first task. The corridors were filled with excitement, Cedric was confident, Fleur seemed to be unbothered, Harry looked nervous, and Krum looked-I don't know what he looked, he just looked.
"You excited?" Angelina asked. "Of course." I replied. "Where's Lee and George?" I asked, "Lee got hungry so he's getting a snack, George is bring Katie as a 'date' he said." She replied. I chuckled as we sat down. "Harry worried?" She asked. "Definitely." I replied, Angelina frowned. "Don't worry. He'll be fine." She said grabbing my hand. We smiled at each other and turned around when we heard yelling.

"Your such a dumbass! You can't do anything right!"
Hannah. She was yelling at Fred. "Just get over her!" She yelled again. "Don't you understand Hannah? I can't!" He yelled back. "I think he's talking about you." Angelina whispered. I shrugged and watched. At this pit everyone was watching, even the teachers, even Charlie. Wait Charlie? I looked down and there was Charlie, Fred's oldest brother. He saw me and waved, I waved back then turning my attention back to the fight.

"We're done!" She yelled, everybody gasped as if this hasn't happens a million times before. "Good!" He yelled as she walked away. "Just so you know, I know you were fucking that Durmstrang boy!" He added. Hannah rolled her eyes and kept walking. Fred sighed and sat down a row behind us.

"Man Weasley! Cant keep her for shit! And who's that other girl?" Some other Hufflepuff teased. "Piss off!" He replied. "You gonna cry? You gonna need your little brother to come help you?" Ron looked down in embarrassment. Suddenly Fred pulled his wand out against the boys throat.

"Leave my family out of this. So what if I can't keep her? She's fucking a different boy every other week. And yea that other girl I was talking about, she was the best damn thing that ever happened to me, so yea, I can't get over her." He told him.
"When you meet a girl that's just so perfect, how do you expect to keep her off your mind? Huh? That's what I thought." He added lowering his wand sitting back down.

The Hufflepuff boy put his head down as everybody stared at the section. "Attention everybody! Let the first task begin!" Said Dumbledore, taking the attention away from the crowd. There were cheers and laughter among the group. Everyone just seemed to forget what had just happened. Good.

———————
Updated two times today😫

I'm trying to make people like Fred again since this is a Fred x reader, but it's so hard.

Question: Favorite quote? (Doesn't have to be from Harry Potter!)

My answer: "And In that moment, I swear we were infinite." - Perks of being a wallflower