Obsessions Part 78

Start from the beginning

"Training? I thought you said we're gambling?"

"Eh? Isn't that the same? I want you to coach me on gambling."

"Hmm." Midari clasped her chin, trying to think. "Nah. Let's gamble for real. You don't need training. Your experience will teach you more."

She stood up and grabbed a pistol. She showed it to you too as she loaded it with a single bullet.

"You know what we're gonna play, right? You came here for this, right?" She asked, her face a little too close for comfort.

"Let's begin!"

She didn't wait for you to answer. She rolled the barrel hastily. You blinked as the mouth of the gun faced you. Then she pulled the trigger.

Click.

You didn't move. You were too shocked to move. Your wide eyes stared at the weapon, your mouth felt dry too.

"Well... Kinda expected that. It's still too early for this baby to send us to death."

"You're..." You whispered. "Insane."

"Hm? What are you blabbering now? You came here knowing that, I dont want to hear any more complaints!"

She handed you the pistol and waited for you.

"Ha..haha.. Ahhahahhhhhhahahaa!!"

You laughed. The fear in your eyes wont leave as your hand slowly took hold of the weapon. You shakily pointed it at the other girl.

"I can do this... I'm not afraid..." You keep on repeating.

"Just shoot!!"

Hearing Midari's words, you pulled the trigger rendering a clicking noise.

"That's it... That's it y/n!! Ahhh. Can you feel it? The joy of having your life on the brink! Now it's my turn!"

She grabbed the pistol in your hand and shot at you without hesitation. Her eagerness was starting to scare you. The two of you continued the game. Every turn making you more nervous. Time passed so slow for you.

"Haaah.. Y/n. Thank you." Midari said. She spun the gun and pointed at you. "It was so fun. I hope we could play again."

You were then stuck in a trance. The girl in front of you slowly pulled the trigger. You heard a banging noise behind you but it was drowned by the booming noise of a released bullet coming straight for you. You cannot move. You were too startled. You thought this game would only be a hoax and that Midari would only make you give up to lose but no...

"President!"

A weight slammed on your body as a wheezing sound went past you. You were thrown on the floor along with another person. You blinked. Then glanced at the wall where the bullet went. It made a little dent and the shell was stuck there.

"Don't worry. I didn't damage school property." Midari said as she watched you.

"Are you..." The girl on top of you moved. Her face was red in anger. She glared at Midari. "Are you insane!? What if you killed the president! What do I do then!?"

"She won't. Don't cry. I was tricked first." Midari threw the gun away and walked out.

"What?" Sayaka stared at you, worry written in her eyes.

You smiled at her and started unbuttoning your uniform. Sayaka flushed and looked away.

"Look, Sayaka."

Slowly, the girl turned her head back at you. Relief washing over her as she realized what you were wearing.

"I see. A bulletproof vest. No wonder Midari was disappointed."

"I'd rather not die than feed her unusual fantasies."

"Thank goodness."

Sayaka lunged herself at you.

"You're being a little too intimate to me this past few days. I'm glad you're not fainting anymore though."

You laughed but the sound of crackling electricity and Sayaka's darkened mood stopped you.

"I'm only teasing!"

"If Midari decided to shoot you in the head, what could you have done."

"Nothing but die, I guess."

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

Midari is not amused.....