Chapter 33: Goodbye Kalos!

Start from the beginning

"I already called a close friend of mine a couple of days ago. He is going to pick us up at the airport in Saffron City and then drive us to Pallet Town." Ash explained. "If we arrive on time, we should make it to Pallet Town by the afternoon."

"I'm kind of nervous just thinking about it..." Serena admitted, slightly averting her gaze from Ash.

Ash looked back at his girlfriend with a confused expression. "What is there to be nervous about? Is it because you are going to Kanto for the first time since we were kids?"

Serena shook her head in response. "Well, not just that. D-do... you think your mother will like me?"

Ash had a blank expression before forming a grin. He squeezed Serena so she was comforted. "Of course mom will love you. She's been telling me to get a girlfriend for a while now. In fact, she knew that I liked you when the promise ring I ordered arrived at my house from Alola."

Serena smiled to herself as she looked at the ring that was on her finger. Ash gave it to her on their date a week ago. It looked identical to the ring Ash had on his own finger. 

Not only did it symbolize their beautiful relationship, but it was also a key stone that she could use to mega evolve her Pokémon. She still had to try activating mega evolution with Audino.

"So don't worry about mom. She will love you, guaranteed." Ash reassured. "Not to mention... she is eager to have grandchildren..." Ash sweatdropped at the thought.

Serena blushed. She then shook her head to remove her blush and asked, "So who is your friend that is going to pick us up?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," Ash said with a wink. He then teased Serena by nipping Serena's ear playfully, with his lips.

"A-Ash..." Serena moaned.

After a few minutes of laying in bed and some playful teasings, Ash and Serena sighed and left their cuddle. They knew that they should get ready for the day since they had to be at the airport in a few hours. It's a good thing that the couple already packed their belongings beforehand.

"I'm going to use the bathroom to get ready first." Serena sighed, hesitant to leave the comfort of the bed and her boyfriend. Serena gathered her bathroom necessities and walked out to the hallway, heading to the bathroom.

Ash could have sworn that Serena had a sly smirk on her face before she left the bedroom. He decided to shrug it off when he saw the two Pikachu wake up at the same time.

"Morning you two. Remember we are going to Kanto today." Ash said. He gave both Pikachu a smile and rubbed their heads.

"Pika!" Pikachu squeaked excitedly. Even Though he enjoyed traveling to different regions with his trainer, there is nothing better than being at home.

Serena's Pikachu was still sleepy, so she just nodded in response.

"Why don't we go downstairs and see what Mrs. Yvonne is cooking for breakfast?" Ash suggested.

Hearing the word "breakfast" caused both Pikachu to squeak in agreement and hop onto the shoulders of the raven-haired trainer. With both Pikachu on his shoulders, Ash got out of bed and walked out of the room and into the hallway. However, he stopped and turned his head when he heard the bathroom door creaking open. He saw Serena peeking out of the bathroom door, still wearing her nightgown.

"Serena?"

"Ash, come here..." Serena said, beckoning her boyfriend to come closer.

"Did you forget something in the bedroom? I can go get-" Ash was immediately shushed by Serena's finger. Serena started giggling mischievously, which Ash knew could only mean one thing. She was up to no good.