a life worth living

Tokyo Star Magazine | April Edition

"Taiwan Insider Spills News on Oikawa Tōru's Breakup With Nakamura Ainu"

Will Oikawa Tōru save his relationship with Nakamura Ainu? According to a friend and close acquaintance of the ex-fiances, most likely not. To cope with the breakup, Miss. Nakamura has been focusing on the new exhibitions she will be featuring at her Taiwan and Hong Kong galleries. Very recently, she stopped wearing the engagement ring, given to her by Oikawa during a weekend trip in January.

Oikawa Tōru has not been taking the breakup well. Rumors say he was the one who ended the relationship, but sources say he has been living an unstable lifestyle; he spends his nights drinking and clubbing. According to a close friend of Oikawa, he would get drunk and ask about a person named Iwaizumi Hajime. Oikawa has been spotted leaving with different women. Though the couple are amicable, Oikawa has since moved out of their shared apartment.

~

"Bokuto, why do you still read those celebrity magazines? They're all horribly written. Sometimes, I wonder if those journalists even use spell check."

I served him the drink, and Bokuto leaned against the counter and threw in some extra cash into my tip jar. Yamaguchi chuckled, "It's because he lives for the drama. Bokuto practically exists in his own soap opera."

"As his new roommate, I can attest to that," Kuroo added. He leaned against the chair with his peculiar smug.

"Okay, okay, everyone. You're right. I like the drama. What are you gonna do? Arrest me for it?"

"Well, is there anything interesting written in there?" Kuroo asked.

"This and that about our friend, the one and only Oikawa Tōru. I don't bother reading stuff about him anymore. These days, I just skip to the J-Pop section."

Sara peeked her head through the front door and winked at us: a signal that she would wait outside. "Shift's over for me, boys. Time to go home," I remarked.

"Headin' off with the girlfriend, I see?" Bokuto smirked.

"Not my girlfriend, and Sara would get offended if you keep calling her that."

"Whatever you say," he chimed back.

I threw a rag at Bokuto, and he threw it at Yamaguchi, who rolled his eyes and simply proceeded to take his customer's orders.

"Have fun! Use protection!" Kuroo shouted like a high school kid. I gave him the finger.

~

Sara and I sprinted home in the pouring rain.

"Funny. It was perfectly sunny just thirty minutes ago," she observed.

"What's that thing our grandmas say when they plant seeds in their garden? Oh, April showers bring May flowers. Yep, the weather in Tokyo has been rainy and unpredictable."

Shivering from the sudden cold, we hopped in a warm bath together. Sara rinsed her rain-smeared makeup, and I scrubbed my hair with the coconut-vanilla shampoo she brought over. We played with the soapy bubbles and covered our faces with a green mask.

"We look like aliens," she laughed. "God, I hope I go through a post-breakup glo-up very soon. I think I'll start dating again in the summer. I need to start looking cute for the future lovers."

"I think you're already beautiful."

"You're sweet." She dipped her hair in the bath and shot back up, splashing me in the eye with water. "Insecurities, man. One moment, you think you're hot shit, but then self-deprecating thoughts come out of nowhere, like a sneak attack, and BAM. Your mind is telling you that you look like a sack of beans."