Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa

Começar do início

   "I don't know," Is all he responds with, continuing to look for bandages.

   Tendou looks back at you, waving his hand in front of your face. "Did she say anything before passing out?" He asks, still looking at your sleeping figure. 

   "She said she didn't want to go home, and if you keep doing that, she'll wake up," Ushijima warns, but it's too late. You start stirring in your sleep, slowly opening your eyes.

   When you do this, Tendou inches closer to you, grinning as you open your eyes. "Hey there, Shortcake? Sleep well?" He teases, red eyes squinted. 

   You stare at him for a moment, recalling the events from earlier today. When an image of Oikawa runs through your mind, you're overcome with a wave of sadness. With a grunt, you roll onto your side, using your one good leg to kick Tendou off the bed. 

   The boy falls to the floor with a loud bam. Ushijima keeps searching as this happens, not batting an eye. 

   Tendou rubs his butt, looking at the floor with a pouty face. "Should have seen that coming," He mumbles to himself. 

   Ushijima finally found everything he needed, walking towards the bed, kneeling next to it. "F/n, show me your injuries," Ushijima almost orders in a blunt tone. 

   Slowly you turn back around, sitting up, so your legs are hanging off the bed.  

   Ushijima starts cleaning out your wounds with alcohol wipes, and Tendou takes a seat next to him, taking careful note of your red and puffy eyes. 

   "Shortcake, what happened?" The red-haired boy asks, concern in his voice. 

   You flinch at his words, causing Ushijima to glance up at you for a moment before continuing to clean your injuries. 

   "Oikawa..." You whisper in a hushed tone, bearly audible for the two boys. Though, they still hear you clearly. 

   Tendou presses his lips together in a frown. Ushijima pauses for a moment, moving his hands away from you. 

   "What did he do?" The olive-haired boy asks, a hint of anger laced in his voice. 

   You sigh, explaining the situation to them. Telling them how you saw Mia and Oikawa kissing, knowing that you don't have a right to be so upset, but you are. 

   Throughout your explanation, Tendou has a shocked expression, and Ushijima frowns. 

   Once you're done explaining, Tendou speaks. "So you have feelings for Oikawa then?" He asks with wide eyes. 

   You nod, causing Ushijima to flinch, though it goes unnoticed by you.   

   "Why would you chose to have romantic emotions towards him?" Ushijima questions, almost judgmentally. 

   Tendou looks at his friend with an interested expression. 

   You look at Ushijima and then gaze back to the floor. "I don't know... But I do know that liking him was never my choice," You answer, a hint of defensiveness in your words. 

   Ushijima tapes your bad knee with KT tape. Having seen you holding it when he found you, he's assuming that it's bothering you. 

   "Is that so," Ushijima responds. 

   Tendou sighs while looking at his friend but shoots you a comforting smile. "You can stay here as long as you want, Shortcake. Me and Lefty here will keep it a secret from the others," Tendou states, implying that Ushijima doesn't tell anyone that you're staying with them.